Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
xElementzx
What modpacks/servers do you think would be good for us to host?

Please put suggestions below.

123zane321

User Assistant
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
Well my two picks would be either Project Ozone 3: Titan Mode (Yes, I know I've been beating that horse to death lately, but I reeeeeally want to see it happen) or Trillionaire (I saw some people on the Discord talking about it a little while ago, and it looks like it could be really fun - in the same vein as Infinity Evolved: Expert Mode)

123zane321

User Assistant
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
All the mods 3 Remix
I know that staff on here had a lot of trouble with keeping the original ATM3 modpack stable (world corruptions and stuff ultimately led to multiple world resets) but I'm assume that those issues are mostly fixed with this iteration of the pack. Personally, I would rather see ATM4, but either or I guess.

We actually did host a Pixelmon server in the past (on a couple of occasions if I recall) and it was popular for a while, but eventually interest died down - I'd certainly be keen to give it a go again though.

Vercci

Staff member
Minecraft Username
Vercci
+1 to Trillionaire.

Reddit Thread with its infographic

Curseforge Page

Only issues I saw from my brief play of it is I'm pretty sure it's not going to be as hard as IE:E, even saw a comment in the reddit thread saying endgame is not as tedious as midgame Omnifactory.

It has Matter Overdrive in it, not sure if it still causes issues with sponge.

Otherwise it's a pretty quick loading pack, even if it has the full buildcraft suite and logistics pipes in it.

[edit] When I say full buildcraft suite, that does mean the Assembly Table's back and required. And this time, it requires MJ.

Quarter_Master

Minecraft Username
Quarter_Master
An Anarchy Modded Server? It could work as long as no one tries to purposely crash the server.

The_Cleric_

Minecraft Username
The_Cleric_
I know it's not exactly a modpack, but having you guys run a Dalek Mod server would be pretty awesome. There's not really any good ones out there

jt_1258

Minecraft Username
jt_1258
I'd be down to give FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock a spin if it had a server...not entirely sure how interested others would be in the pack.

123zane321

User Assistant
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
I'd be down to give FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock a spin if it had a server...not entirely sure how interested others would be in the pack.
I don't see a 1.7 pack being hosted on here in this day and age, but you never know, if there's enough interest anything could happen. IE:ES is probably my favourite modpack of all time, so I'd definitely play it again if it did come back.

Vercci

Staff member
Minecraft Username
Vercci
If 1.7 is an option wouldn't mind seeing blightfall getting hosted as a donator only pack for a couple weeks. Quest based co-operative pack that actually has a server wide ending. Think it would end too quickly if it went public.

Would probably need a bit of work though. By default it uses the honor system to not have you use the cheat mode it has available. But if griefprevention exists as it does now for 1.7 two admin claims, and some overrides could lock things down. Having something to tell others to take a seed or something from the randomly scattered useful plant resources on the map and not just outright take the plants. Though technically they aren't required so could just be ignored if people accidentally destroy them.

Biggest problem it would have is it's hosted on technic not curseforge. That and regular 1.7 jank. It's got the version of botania just before they removed passive flowers.

Dr_Teath

Content Creator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Donation Drive 2019
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
I seem to remember Ele saying that they would need to change the back end code to make 1.7.10 compatible again.

I'll throw in with Trillionaire, I suggested it after all :p

I'd like to see Rustic Waters and Life in the Village considered too.

And as always, if you guys want a custom pack, I am happy to look in to it.

Jackster819

Knight
Legendary
Minecraft Username
Jackster819
I know it's not exactly a modpack, but having you guys run a Dalek Mod server would be pretty awesome. There's not really any good ones out there
Don't really think servers would really ever focus on one single mod in a pack (Unless it's Crazycraft, which is kinda a bunch of mods in one)

The_Cleric_

Minecraft Username
The_Cleric_
An alternate suggestion though that fits the criteria would be Magic, Steam and Farmin by anerale.

bahramu

Knight
Minecraft Username
bahramu
+0.5 for a sky^H^H^Hstone^H^H^H^H^Hwater-block pack.
+0.5 for Trillionaire

As they say in the trade: "this pack isn't as tedious" sounds more like a Feature(TM) than a Bug(TM) to me. :)

RLCraft and OmniFactory seem to have that territory well covered for now. Even Glacial Awakening started out interesting but about 2/3rds of the way through they seemed to have just given up and switched back to the boring old trope of "we switched the basic machine case for mod N+1 into the endgame casing of mod N because we don't know the difference between repetitive grind vs interesting puzzles". :'(

Last edited:

The_Cleric_

Minecraft Username
The_Cleric_
just tried trillionaire for a hour seems good
Fun fact, when deciding whether to use 'a' or 'an' it's not based on the spelling of the next word in terms of vowels, but rather the sound the start of the next word makes. If the sound of the next word has a vowel sound, then you use 'an'. Seeing as 'hour' is sounded similar to 'our' with an 'o' sound, you use 'an'.
Thank you for coming to my TED talk.