WarWorld ideas

feasterber

Minecraft Username
feasterber
We all love killing, bombing, and pouring lava over others stuff but the world needs something or new things to spice it up a bit. This is a the shortened list of things i would like to see happen for WarWorld. I'm not demanding these changes be made but i feel it would for the best to express what things we would liked seen changed. So for those who feel the need for WarWorld to even be changed a little please speak up before the 1.7 WW map launches because the odds of it being untouched once it goes live are very high.
So all i'm asking is for the lolnet community is to give their opinions about War World.

These are not confirmed changes, only ideas.
==========================================================================
- World -

• Player notifications
- "Example has connected"

• Increase world size from 2,000 x 2,000 to 5,000 x 5,000 or 7,500 x 7,500
- If next WW last as long as the current world (1 year) more land would be nice to work it.
- People have done countless laps around current world and explored most.

• World Spawn
- Level out a small area surrounding spawn so players cant be trapped by things they cant jump over.
- build an underground arena you cant /f home from?

• Special blocks
- Make cobweb blocks avaliable with silk touch/shears.

• Mobs
- Enable creeper explosions.
- Enable enderman block pickup.

• Enable the anti xray from HC into WW
- Works very well in current HC world.
- Most mob spawners around WW have straight lines dug into them.
- Stops glowstone xray machines.
- Make it effect mossycobble and every block found in strongholds.

• Nether
- leave as is

• The End
- Disable if possible

==========================================================================

- mcmmo -

• Commands
- Disbale Party commands.
- Enable leaderboards.

• Special Items
- Disbale Chimaera Wings.

• Skill system
- Would offer returning players an easier way of starting back up.
- Gives player goals to try and reach.
- Make skills level/progress 25% - 35% slower if possible.

• Disbale all skill effects on players
- Like james has mentioned before skills being allowed on players is far too overpowered.

• Disbale the use of compass/player tracking
- Part of WW is in fact hiding/ waiting for the right time.

• Mining
- Super Breaker on a 5 minute cooldown.
- Turn Blast Mining off/increased TnT power off.
- Would ruin TnT cannons in the long run.

• Woodcutting
- Tree Feller on a 8 minute cooldown.
- Leaf Blower on a 2 minute cooldown.
- Would cause the world to look like a treeless wasteland without long cooldowns.

• Herbalism
_ Enable all.

• Excavation
- Giga drill breaker on a 5 minute cooldown.
- Disable Treasure Hunt.
- Would make the world far too easy early in the reset.

• Fishing
- Enable all.

• Combast Skills
- Leave cooldowns on skills normal.
- Enable all for mobs/monsters.
- Disbale all skills used on players/users.

• Miscellaneous/Child skills
- Leave as is.

===============================================================================================================================================

- Factions -

• Faction power
- Each death from players will reduces your power by 8.
- Increase faction power from 10 to 12.

• Faction power decay
- Leave as is.

• Faction Home Command
- Not useable in combat.
- Must not move for 5 second before teleport.
- 10 minute cooldown.

• Faction member cap
- Lower faction player limit to 5-7
- lolnet doesnt have the player base for large faction support atm, or its going
to end up like the other worlds with 2 powerhouses at the end because they
keep absorbing the new players.

================================================================================================================================================

- Challenge System -

• Add the challenge system like skyblock has.
- Would offer more goals for players.
- Cant make too many pvp based challenges due to player boosting.

*Rewards*

• Zombie spawner
- 27 stacks of rotten flesh (1782 flesh)
- 64 iron blocks
- 5 diamond blocks
- 64 fire charges
- 64 ron bars
- 2 emerald blocks
- 1 enchanted apple
- 1 potion of harming

• Skeleton spawner
- 27 stacks of bones (1728)
- 64 iron blocks
- 5 diamond blocks
- 64 fire charges
- 64 iron bars
- 2 emerald blocks
- 1 enchanted apple
- 1 potion of harming

• Spider spawner
- 13 stacks of string (832)
- 13 stacks of spider eyes (832)
- 64 iron blocks
- 5 diamond blocks
- 64 fire charges
- 64 iron bars
- 2 emerald blocks
- 1 enchanted apple
- 1 potion of poison

• Creeper spawner
- 27 stacks of TnT (1728)
- 64 iron bars
- 64 firecharges
- 10 Diamond blocks
- 4 emerald blocks
- 1 zombie spawner
- 1 skeleton spawner
- 1 spider spawner
- 1 potion of fire resistance

================================================================================================================================================

-LoLnet CoinsLoLnet -

Make a small store that sells spawn eggs for 1 of each kind of animal, but make
them cost different prices with 300 being the highest. We could make all kinds of
spawners availible from said store using lolnet coins but people who massed coins
already have a HUGE/unfair head start
We could leave the store closed for a while to allow players to earn more lolnet coins
for said spawners if the challenge system proves to be too much of a pain in the rear.

• Chicken - 100 coins
• Sheep - 150 coins maybe double prices?
• Pig - 200 coins
• Cow - 300 coins

TechnocratX

Minecraft Username
TechnocratX
I agree with feasterber. But I don't think we should limit fac numbers. For some facs, most of the members are inactive and sporadic, and its not always easy to find committed members. I would also like to see some economy introduced and a buymore like building where we can buy and sell items.

TechnocratX

Minecraft Username
TechnocratX
If possible can you plant some melon stalks on the edge of spawn, and arrange so that the melons grow in wilderness, so newbies can have something to eat. Because after a short time everything around spawn will be stripped bare, and this may encourage them to explore and stay longer. Also maybe take out the lava surrounding spawn or put in more access ways. I don't know why but there is a 50% chance for a newbie to jump into it when they first arrive. Maybe they always try to jump off those steps when exiting spawn and fail.

MrSwagtastic69

There are too many ideas here that will make very small changes that will make an unnoticable change, just creating extra work for admins that could be used on bigger and better things. Also playing around with mcmmo cooldowns and such is a big no no in my opinion. One person shouldnt decide how long each skill cooldowns should be. Plus, theres nothing overpowered about super breaker or tree feller.

MrSwagtastic69

And plus if you are gonna disable all mcmmo effects on players, might as well not add the plugin. As I said, in my opinion these are way too many changes that will accomplish minimal stuff. If admins only added / changed 5 things the war world would be much more fun.

feasterber

Minecraft Username
feasterber
MrSwagtastic said:
And plus if you are gonna disable all mcmmo effects on players, might as well not add the plugin. As I said, in my opinion these are way too many changes that will accomplish minimal stuff. If admins only added / changed 5 things the war world would be much more fun.
You don't seem like you're willing to help get things changed. Whats wrong with disabling the effects on players, seems to have worked fine for HC. Unless you feel like being shot with a power 5 bow that does 200% more damage. Yes its true the Admins could be spending their time doing "bigger and better things" but its not like they touch warworld much anyway.

So MrSwagTastic do you feel like adding anything to the matter that would be useful or are you going to complain about ideas that were never set in stone. Because i would love to see somebody else's input or list some things they would like have changed. So far only Tech has shown interest.

ShazzyShiz

Things I think need to be changed: Warzone needs to be a little bigger as lots of factions are building up to the Warzone making Spawn a little messy, Also I think Super Breaker should be enabled. I also like those Challange ideas!

TaxMan0_0

Minecraft Username
TaxMan0_0
ShazzyShizz said:
Things I think need to be changed: Warzone needs to be a little bigger as lots of factions are building up to the Warzone making Spawn a little messy, Also I think Super Breaker should be enabled. I also like those Challange ideas!
Its actually against WarWorld rules to build a claim or base outside the spawn so.. (If you go to the WarWorld spawn you'll see the signs) And I think the WarZone is already the right size :p Last WarWorld it was so huge (Probably seemed huge cos the world was small xD)

My suggestion for WarWorld (As many past WarWorldians and present WarWorldians) is McMMo (Its been put into Suggestion since first WarWorld) and a Challenge System would sound great.

I think the idea is great but ya the mcmmo effects shouldnt work on players like the unarmed,axe,sword and bow skill since the unarmed and axe skill is really OP. i currently am playing on a MCMMO factions server and the entire mcmmo factions plugin is really good except for the pvp skills. I agree with Shazzy that the spawn needs to be alot bigger since that spawn would be considered tiny to other faction servers that have the same amount of players. I also think that the wither should be enabled on the server otherwise obsidian bases are impossible to get into without hacks.

MrSwagtastic69

feasterber said:
MrSwagtastic said:
You don't seem like you're willing to help get things changed. Whats wrong with disabling the effects on players, seems to have worked fine for HC. Unless you feel like being shot with a power 5 bow that does 200% more damage. Yes its true the Admins could be spending their time doing "bigger and better things" but its not like they touch warworld much anyway.

So MrSwagTastic do you feel like adding anything to the matter that would be useful or are you going to complain about ideas that were never set in stone. Because i would love to see somebody else's input or list some things they would like have changed. So far only Tech has shown interest.
I didnt say "the staff could be spending their time doing bigger and better things." I want them to fix the war world. What I meant was they dont need make all these challenges, edit mcmmo cooldownds, nerf skills, do this do that, to make war world better. Now, I dont wanna look like i am bragging but I know mcmmo like no one else does. I used to think that pvp skills were overpowered too but really, McMMO rewards those who invest time into the game. I know %200 bonus damage sounds bad but really, get your archery to 1000 and you deserve that advantage. McMMO is a plugin that is used primarily for pvp (on nearly all servers that have it) And disabling the effects that skills have on other players will just completely destroy the point of it. Sure, some might think that McMMO should be used for non pvp purposes but what are those people doing in war world anyway? They should go ask for McMMO to be added into normal survival. Now, some of my ideas.

1. Its a pain in the arse to get from point a to point b in war world. Having to walk everywhere isnt fun so I think they should either add /tpa and /spawn commands or they should get the plugin CreativeGates. What this plugin does is it lets you create "portals" using a specified amount of diamond blocks (the type of block and the amount required can easily be changed in the config). How this works is you go to place a, make a portal then go to place b and make the same portal. After that you can just use your portal to get from place a to place b whenever you like.

2.They could make some ranks that you can donate for to get perks specifically in war world. Example : Player donates $5 to be premium for a month. Premium members get their McMMO cooldowns reduced by half, the ability to create portals, the ability to check peoples balances, their own shop somewhere in the spawn region and 5 /sethomes. It is important to keep the perks small enough so it doesnt directly affect pvp greatly, but good enough so people donate to get them. I literally made up these perks in like a minute so admins should really think about a few more.

3. No cheat Plus.

4. Make it a bit easier for new players to start off. The reason war world doesnt get new members is because people find it hard to get started and they always end up getting destroyed. So have a couple starter /kits for new comers and maybe even have a button at spawn that tps you to somewhere random in the wilderness. Also get the plugin PvpTimer so these players dont get killed by others during their first couple days.

5. Get the plugin ObsidianDestroyer. Really awesome plugin, lets you destroy obsidian with a number of tnt explosions that you set in the config. In my opinion no base should be unraidable. That is the point of war world, raiding. Being able to destroy obsidian with 3-5 tnt hits would be good.

6. Ability to open chests even in claimed land. Another addition to make raiding more enjoyable and possible. You should be able to open peoples chests if you get inside their base. Smart people will find ways to still lock the chests though.

There you go, 6 changes that will make a much bigger bang that the 50 you listed above, with much less work required.

feasterber

Minecraft Username
feasterber
MrSwagtastic said:
I dont wanna look like i am bragging but I know mcmmo like no one else does.
Stopped reading there, but i did read your "6" ideas. You pretty much want stuff handed to you don't you? A monthly subscription for war world? LOL, bet you thrive from pay to win. And the obsidian breaker only requiring 3-5 TNT to break obsidian is also a slap in face it should be a lot higher, and i'm betting you want it to blast through water. Yeah creative gates looks fun but i thought the object of war world was to kill each other, not pussyfoot with portals. other than that the only thing i agree with is that starting people do need some form of starting kits. But how would you go about adding those unless you make them cost lolnet coins, new player will die and 1 starting kit wont cut it.

MrSwagtastic69

You know what? Im not even gonna argue with you. You dont know crap. Go looking on successful factions pvp servers and they all have those. Fine get the staff to implement your "great" ideas and enjoy being the only faction who plays. You talk like you know so much but really, all you do in war world is build a base and stay inside it. Have yet to see you pvp, you might as well be playing survival. Mate, I dont need any of those implemented to thrive in war world and we all saw proof to that. Those ideas are whats gonna make people play war world. And in my opinion the admins are better off losing you but gaining 10 more players.

0zlw

Veteran
Veteran
Minecraft Username
0zlw
I'll just step in here and highlight the need that a good robust discussion on this issue is good. On the Admin team, we are very interested in hearing a variety of thoughts and opinions on changes and improvements you think should happen to WarWorld, and many of these may be placed into action when WarWorld is overhauled.

Just take a step back, both of you guys want to see a WarWorld that is better, has more players and delivers a better experience for everyone. Both of you have some good ideas on this issue that we can elaborate and expand on. No need to be going at each others throats.

Edit: Views from other people are more than welcome here as well.

TechnocratX

Minecraft Username
TechnocratX
TheShadowsFlare said:
I think the idea is great but ya the mcmmo effects shouldnt work on players like the unarmed,axe,sword and bow skill since the unarmed and axe skill is really OP. i currently am playing on a MCMMO factions server and the entire mcmmo factions plugin is really good except for the pvp skills. I agree with Shazzy that the spawn needs to be alot bigger since that spawn would be considered tiny to other faction servers that have the same amount of players. I also think that the wither should be enabled on the server otherwise obsidian bases are impossible to get into without hacks.
I don't think those skills are op. Took me ages in hard core to get my unarmed up to 150 and it still doesn't do that much damage. As for the other pvp skills, it will give more options and strategy in combat, players don't just have to use a sword to fight, the axe can take out armour, and the bow becomes a viable pvp weapon.

Why not just try these skills and see how it goes. The ones that will be rewarded are those who will put time into the game, which is how it should be.

The unarm skill doesnt do damage but however can steal items off you. Players who have a high Unarm skill are pests especially if youre a player who is new and doesnt always have access to a exp grinder to be able to enchant for really good swords and armour. The unarm skill is also really OP once it unlocks iron grip. once you have iron grip unarming wont work on you. maybe unarming is useful overall but keeping iron grip on is just way to OP.

and I watched as a guy in prot 4 diamond with god apples get destroyed by some guy who 1 shot him since his bow level was over 600. its actually quite easy to get those skills up since there are alot of efficient tutorials that show how to get them pass level 300 within a few hours.

Nexwood

the warworld should be made larger. almost all places are explored... meaning less stuff to mine... less iron , coal , gold , emeralds and :diamond: s .

Caotical

Veteran
Veteran
Minecraft Username
Caotical
Would it be alright to add a mod into the war world or maybe a modded war world. There are a lot of fun pvp tools in a few mods that IMO would definitely add to the pvp experience and could balance out the mcmmo. And another benefit of adding mods would be mystcraft. This would allow for more resources without having to increase the overall map and would give the added benefit of being able to refresh war world resources without having to increase the "arena." Don't confuse the situation I'm not saying let the players build ages but we could have staff make and remake the mining worlds.