SF3 Nether Portal links up with other players = Death - no warning :(

shaneo1981

Minecraft Username
shaneo1981
Hey guys,

Just want to raise awareness that there should be some warning to people playing SF3,
that when you enter nether and it links to someone's portal and you try to go back to your island or back and forth - you get stuck in the void and die. Because portals link and game thinks you don't have permission to there island so it kills you. This happened to me and my friend DonatellaS both lost all our stuff to this.

Its no the end of the world to loss items. but losing jet packs was just annoying.

Anyways for further people i think i would be nice to just advertise this so this doesn't happen to other people.
Thanks guys

shaneo1981

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz
You want us to warn you about vanilla mechanics?

shaneo1981

Minecraft Username
shaneo1981
How is it vanilla mechanics? - because you suffocate because you don't have permission by other islands portal.
I'm just bringing it up because i had no idea this would happen... and no way to get my body back.
FX tried to help me and i am grateful. but no luck. Just trying to help server out by giving you some feedback ..Not having a go or anything..

shaneo1981

xElementzx

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
xElementzx
Hey Shane,

Portals are and always have been buggy in Minecraft because of the silly 1 block in the nether is 8 blocks in the overworld.

My advice is to use /is spawn or /home to leave the dimension, same goes for every server imo

-Ele

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz
sorry your title and first post suggest that the issue here is that portals link back to others bases, this is a vanilla mechanic (not a bug) .

having looked into this using your portal with all the warnings on it you do not die you end up in the void yes but from there you can /spawn or /home or tp to another user you only die if you log out and then back in,both times i did this graves were left at the point of death as indicated by my death marker from journey map.

while we appreciate the feed back your death is an edge case if we had all the edge cases on signs on the server there would be a dozen or more and it would be an ever growing list that no one would read