xElementzx

Staff member
Administrator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
xElementzx
We are looking to update SevTech to version 3.1.1, however doing this will require us to reset the world, i guess the question is.. do you guys want that to happen or do you not care about 3.1.1

123zane321

User Assistant
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
Would this also mean that quests and progression would be reset?

RustyMac

Minecraft Username
RustyMac
I am happy playing current version unless 3.1.1 is essential to fix any major bugs and all quests and progression is retained, then I would be happy for update.

Vercci

Staff member
Minecraft Username
Vercci
I am happy playing current version unless 3.1.1 is essential to fix any major bugs.
I mean yes it is (and there are a bunch of major bugs worth fixing with the update)

Poll's basically asking whether people want the bugs fixed or not.

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz
the big issue with this pack is that it was end of life then the pack dev is like haza UPDATE!

and having tried to update the server it just caused issues

if we wipe the world it will be a fresh start

PhoReaper

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
PhoReaper
What are the major bugs that would be fixed? Posting that information here might help people make their decision.

Vercci

Staff member
Minecraft Username
Vercci
The most horrendous stuff that needs to be fixed that I've noticed

A GP exploit that gave us a headache and a group of people permabans.
Containment Chalices and Neromantic Primes kicking clients who render them (I want to say the IE chemthrower's same issue should be fixed too but not sure)
Hopefully Primordial Malevolence fixed too (LX stopped it kicking clients but apparently it was still immortal or something, never tried it myself again)
Inherently disabled "What is 11?" Easter Egg with Actually Additions (Think we fixed this one too but still less shenanigans is always good)
Fixed jukebox missing recipe (Had to go much further in galacticraft than Sevtech ever requires to get one of these otherwise)
IE excavator works again
Fix to exploit that stops people needing to galacticraft to saturn / mars / uranus to start mystical agriculture.
Assorted Fakeplayer blocks can be used to automate some stuff now (gamestages were stopping lots of automation options)
Abyssalcraft Purging Ritual is no longer a ticking timebomb for the server
Less Steppe Wolves everywhere in your base.
Primalcore Worldgen works better now (Corn, the amazing food it was, doesn't need blood magic tomfoolery to grow now)

TOMB MANY GRAVES

IS GONE (replaced with Corails Tombstone, we will need to put the Corails fix on the server instead)

And less horrendous but still neat to have:

Shoggoth Nerfs (Not sure if this will stop them destroying graves since that mod changes too)
More Shoggoth Lairs
Abyssalcraft Energy Containers can now display values over 32767 in their GUI
Mob Masher which is supposed to be useful in killing wither and enderdragon is no longer broken by them.

Assorted recipes added to assorted blocks all with the idea of stopping Age 5 bases requiring caveman grinding tools to get some materials.

And hopefully the Prestige mod will get a chance to be used, not sure if it's got some rewards in it or if its progress survives the reset but hopefully it does.

PhoReaper

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
PhoReaper
If I went back on SevTech I'd want these fixes :D