Server settings/ore dict suggestion

Ki_Tarn

Ascendant
Minecraft Username
Ki_Tarn
As you all have special edits in the server settings, I have a small suggestion to edit the OreDictionary on those with Biomes of Plenty and Thaumcraft, make the BoP amber interchangeable with Thaumcraft amber. The BoP stuff is worthless except for just another yellowish block if you make blocks from it, otherwise it has no purpose. Can't make anything with it and can't convert it to something else like you can with Thaumcraft Cinnabar ore, which can be made into TE cinnabar for smelting.

I mean if Thaumcraft gold coins can be used as or converted to gold nuggets I don't see why BoP amber couldn't be set up like that.

Just a suggestion and it can be useful on at least three servers: Infinity, DW20 and Tolkiencraft .

mikhaila666

Ascendant
Veteran
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
Mikhaila666
There are literally 100's of little tweaks we can do to config files for stuff like this. I used to spend hours doing them.

Then the next update erases all the work as it resets the config files and they have to be redone.

Ki_Tarn

Ascendant
Minecraft Username
Ki_Tarn
Oh I don't doubt it, but wouldn't saving a copy help short of major rebuilds of some mod? I mean you have to run though them to do things like resetting the various quarries and other devices not to work in the overworld, y'all have to have a master setting config to keep from having to enter it all over again besides a bit of cut and paste for anti-grief stuff.

But don't want to sound like I'm grumblin, twas just a suggestion. :3

mikhaila666

Ascendant
Veteran
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
Mikhaila666
Sadly, a lot of the time you can't just cut/past the config file after they update. Config file gets a small change to it and you can't just use the old one. It would have saved quite a few hours work if we could. A lot of times we don't even know all the changes when mods update.

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz
as mik has stated we used to do this but that was when we were running only 1 or 2 servers, as for all the protections etc these are handled by plugins or server only mods so are not updated when the pack is so no configs need to be changed for them