Replace Eternal with a more stable mod pack ?

Wolfie83

Minecraft Username
Wolfie83
recommend All the Mods 3 Expert Shedding Tiers for one suggestion, one could also replace Trillionare with a 2nd popular expert or semi expert mod pack, helps limits the total players on one mod pack :) could also directly replace a server with least players with "All the Mods 3 Expert Shedding Tiers" currently on 1.12.2 on 1.4.0 version

123zane321

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
While I did kind of enjoy playing Eternal, the constant TPS dips have kinda soured my experience playing it, and I'm probably just going to go back to Rev for the time being. The concept of the pack seems good on paper, but in reality it's just a kitchen sink modpack with quests slapped onto it IMO. The only other pack I've seen that more or less fits this bill is FTB Academy, but the quests in that pack actually have a reason for being there (it's designed to be an easy-to-play kitchen sink pack that guides players new to modded MC through the more popular mods) unlike Eternal, which is basically "here's another kitchen sink modpack, btw quests lol".

Despite this, it's still proving to be quite a popular modpack for the time being at least, so I can see it sticking around for a bit. If it were to ultimately be replaced, I would certainly have a couple recommendations for a replacement (and anybody who knows me at all will know which modpack is top of my list).

incarn

Minecraft Username
incarn
Rather than removing a popular pack, I would love to have a second instance of Eternal for donators only.

123zane321

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
Rather than removing a popular pack, I would love to have a second instance of Eternal for donators only.
The only time I think we ever did that was for Skyfactory 4, and that was only because the server couldnt host more than 32 players at once, which was a problem when that cap was almost constantly being met for the first couple weeks.

Edit: just to clarify, both of the servers were public, neither one was restricted in any way

Microjet

Legendary
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Microjet
Hmm what about the PO3 kappa that has been discussed a bit in discord? I'd be up for that. Would like to have a stable hard/er pack, in the past seems like all the hard mode packs have been plagued with performance or bug issues