Random Tp Requests

BamBam1974

Ascendant
Hi All,

First of Ryan, sorry for my actions. As an adult I should know better.

However I am going to explain what drove me to them. Let the community judge away.

Once when I was really new at minecraft a friend was tp requesting me. we were not private chatting and so every one could see what we were talking about.Some other "lovely person" tp requested me at the same time. And when I did my tpaccept they appeared. They then proceeded to cruise around my base doing as they please and I was powerless to remove them.

Every since then I have HATED random tp requests. If you have NEVER spoken to me, why the heck would you tp request me. If you spoken to me but there is no valid reason, i.e. I am talking to you about something I am building and you would like to see it, WHY would you tp request me.

In short. If you have not asked me IMMEDIATELY before you do it, and I have not said yes, then DONT tprequest me.

I have even gone to the trouble to create a "home" on top of the nether that i can warp to, and when people do tp request me randomly I go there then accept. I then make it know in chat that i do not appreciate random tp requests.

How ever one player in particular seems to think its funny to just tp request me every time we are on at the same time. If I am on for an extended period he will do it many times. I know he also does it to other players, and in the past have seen them in chat asking him to leave after he gets to them.

So today when he did it once again, I lost it. I tped to him and started annoying him like he annoys me (just in a different way). This was a huge misuse of power and I apologise very strongly for having done so.

So be assured that I will simply come up with an alternate method of dealing with random tper's now.

Judge away.

Regards

BamBam

James137137

Minecraft Username
James137137
yeah I understand random TPers can sometimes be a pain (believe me I understand I tend to block them from coming to me)

I'll try not to get into this discussion too much...

if players does /tpa or /tpahere too much to you and you consider it spamming then you can file a /modreq asking for an admin (me/cptwin/schnick) to check the logs (and we will take action to what we see is best for both parties)

also as for the /home idea. as long you have a case to back up why you did it then I is allowed (to a degree) but understand try to the line of right and wrong is.

(basicly don't /tpaccept in pvp areas or where they might die in the next 5-10 seconds (e.g. lava))

What I do is /tpno (or /tpdeny) and if they /tpa again I ask them not to. then I would take action (in your case /modreq)

danthemab

Hey BamBam
A passive way I use to handle random TPers is by typing /spawn, then accept their tp request, then either quickly to away before they see me or just pretend I'm hanging out at spawn. Just giving you a couple of tips for handling Random TPers. Hope they help. :D

Sencerely
danthemab

JohnnyEC

Minecraft Username
JohnnyEC
danthemab said:
Hey BamBam
A passive way I use to handle random TPers is by typing /spawn, then accept their tp request, then either quickly to away before they see me or just pretend I'm hanging out at spawn. Just giving you a couple of tips for handling Random TPers. Hope they help. :D

Sencerely
danthemab
Yup I do that that too :D Also something else I found out that stops them TPing to you most times is to just say in chat "[player name] why do you want to tp to me?" thats what I do, it works most times ;)

Maybe an idea so solve the Random Tp issues.. Have the ability to kick people from your claim, which will send them to the place they were before they tpad to you? Cause then it just helps the mods and UA's have less modreqs to deal with.

nnewman

Minecraft Username
nnewman
Although UA's dont have the ability to /tp (user) spawn. Neither do we have the power to be able to /kick people

TaxMan0_0

Minecraft Username
TaxMan0_0
james137137 said:
if players does /tpa or /tpahere too much to you and you consider it spamming then you can file a /modreq asking for an admin (me/cptwin/schnick) to check the logs (and we will take action to what we see is best for both parties)

also as for the /home idea. as long you have a case to back up why you did it then I is allowed (to a degree) but understand try to the line of right and wrong is.

What I do is /tpno (or /tpdeny) and if they /tpa again I ask them not to. then I would take action (in your case /modreq)
As James said above ^ if a player does tpa spam you modreq it, A staff member can deal with the player whom is bothering the other player and if a Staff member ain't online you can ask a online User Assistant to resolve the problem as nnewman said they have the ability to /kick (Although I am not sure if they actually do have that command.) if not, just simply /spawn and accept the tpa (As danthemab said)

ShazzyShiz

Yes just modreq it... I had the same issues, i wont state who it is but he has already been banned for doing it to other players...

lolnet

Yes To tell you the truth this has happend so many times to me im building something important that i would like to give to new people and then someone tpa's to me while im accepting the new's request and they come along and try to build where im going to make a farm or something for the new person

Everyone respect this power you have of tpa what if it got taken away?

lolnet

Glad to see this is getting so much support from players and even staff.

Hopefully we will see some system put into place so then we will not have to face this situation again.

lolnet

Oh that's a shame. Lolnet is improved but hopefully the staff can cut down on the crimes and make the offenders do the time.

I hav seen bambams crrations and when u tpa u tpa at own risk... also i used to get tpa spammed massively, i said no, they do it 2 more times i warn them tht i will tell staff.and if they do it again i tell staff.