Primordial pearl (thaumcraft 6)

crackerprawn

Minecraft Username
Crackerprawn
Hey everyone,

Primordial pearl obtaining behaviour is entirely chance-based and requires a great deal of time, resources and patience. TC6 is under a weird state of development at the moment and I get the feeling this is not the ideal implementation of the idea. For example, I've detonated over 20 full-sized rifts with causality collapses, and consequently have about 4 stacks of void seeds (the other drop from the rift), and have yet to see even a single-use primordial node.

I'm going to keep trying, but question is this: could there be an alternate way to obtain them on the modpack servers? Lolcoins are a potential option, but some might argue it would ruin thaumcraft progression. Thee same could be said of ardite and cobalt ore in the shop ruining tinker's construct progression, I suppose. But I can't think of anything else to get around this obnoxious mechanic except to keep investing time and hoping that the chance actually exists lol

This is definitely a suggestion thread so if anyone has any better ideas, pleeaaase share them,
cheers :)

xElementzx

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
xElementzx
To be completely honest, TC6 isn't under a weird state of development, its not longer being developed, Azanor has stopped modding therefore TC6 will remain unfinished until someone gets in contact with him and takes it over (which i doubt will happen as i doubt azanor will let it happen) so the odds that it sticks around much longer are fairly low

Vercci

Staff member
Minecraft Username
Vercci
The admins can decide if they want to add it to the shop, but I can confirm they do drop, have a couple on the enigmatica server. It took about as many collapsers, and I got one of them from a rift despawning on its own so that was nice.

The subreddit says the chance goes up if it's a thiccer rift rather than one that just spawned, not sure about that one though.

crackerprawn

Minecraft Username
Crackerprawn
To be completely honest, TC6 isn't under a weird state of development, its not longer being developed, Azanor has stopped modding therefore TC6 will remain unfinished until someone gets in contact with him and takes it over (which i doubt will happen as i doubt azanor will let it happen) so the odds that it sticks around much longer are fairly low
such a tragedy :'(

123zane321

User Assistant
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
I remember Thaumcraft back in the old Infinity days - honestly, back when 1.7.10 was still a thing, it was probably my 2nd favourite magic mod, next to Botania. Yes, the research system was a hassle, but there were online guides for solving the research puzzles, and I honestly think that it was one of the most well-rounded and versatile magic mods I've ever come across.

PhoReaper

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
PhoReaper
Solve enough puzzles yourself and you don't need guides anymore :p

I'll just throw in my two cents about adding things to the shop - if players want to buy something, and it doesn't break the server, selling it sounds good to me.

crackerprawn

Minecraft Username
Crackerprawn
Update: I have eight stacks of void pearls now but a single-use pearl dropped yesterday. For interested parties, I used it to make a focus that creates a great deal of bats very quickly. Was it worth the time and hassle and house full of flux? Nyynnyes.