New modpack: 'Roguelike adventures and dungeons'

AbuOfUluru

Minecraft Username
AbuOfUluru
I think the modpack 'Roguelike adventures and dungeons' (RND) would make a great addition to this servers roster of modpacks. It's similar to DnD, which is an immensely popular pack on the server, but in my opinion is much more fleshed out and enjoyable.

123zane321

User Assistant
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
I'm gonna have to disagree on the whole "more fleshed out" comment. Aside from ExU2, the pack you suggested contains literally no tech mods, it doesn't contain a lot of the popular magic mods that people prefer to use (Blood Magic, Botania, Thaumcraft, Astral Sorcery, Psi, etc) and it's actually "completely focused on adventuring and exploration" as described on the pack's Curseforge page. DD&SS, on the other hand, has what I feel is a well-balanced combination of tech, magic, design, exploration and progression - yes, it's a hard modpack, but I feel it has more depth and purpose to it than a lot of the kitchen sink "build machine x to get infinite of all the things" packs out at the moment.

Then again, this is just my opinion, and I'm sure there are others who share a different opinion to me, but I just thought I'd give me view on things. If enough people want this pack, and staff think it's a good idea, then I don't see why not.

mikhaila666

Ascendant
Veteran
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
mikhaila666
More fleshed out is a nebulous concept, so different people have different expectations. I looked at the pack and it seems to be heavily focused on exploration. It's magic and no tech, which is fine for an adventure pack. As is not putting in all the popular mods. Popular mods are often powerful and solve all problems. The more powerful a character gets, the less exploration means anything.

It has some neat mods that look fun. I'll try to go play it some to get an actual opinion on it. It's quite different than DnD I think. DnD is a long pack, with things eating up a lot of time, exploration needed especially early on. The quests seem very good, leading you into the changes in recipes. And needs a mix of tech and magic. This pack is worth looking at, but I don't think a replacement for dnd is needed. dnd is just fine.

123zane321

User Assistant
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
More fleshed out is a nebulous concept, so different people have different expectations. I looked at the pack and it seems to be heavily focused on exploration. It's magic and no tech, which is fine for an adventure pack. As is not putting in all the popular mods. Popular mods are often powerful and solve all problems. The more powerful a character gets, the less exploration means anything.

It has some neat mods that look fun. I'll try to go play it some to get an actual opinion on it. It's quite different than DnD I think. DnD is a long pack, with things eating up a lot of time, exploration needed especially early on. The quests seem very good, leading you into the changes in recipes. And needs a mix of tech and magic. This pack is worth looking at, but I don't think a replacement for dnd is needed. dnd is just fine.
That was pretty much the point I was trying to make, I apologise if that didn't come through in my post. I'd certainly give it a go if it ever came to Lolnet, but for now I'm happy on the packs I'm currently playing through.

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz
before anyone gets to excited if the person suggesting the pack cant even bother to put a link up then they clearly are not that keen