more clarity on rule 2.1

Alchrome

Minecraft Username
Alchrome
the rule currently reads:

2.1. No griefing or stealing.

the change i was thinking of was:

2.1. No griefing or stealing. This includes items left in public containers such as EnderStorage chests.

many servers i've been on consider items left in chests not privately owned up for the taking and is not considered stealing since the owner deliberately left them.
but apparently thats not the case here as I've been warned that it is considered stealing. Was hoping you could change the rule to just be a little more specific so poor sods like me don't make the same mistake.

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz
I’m not sure how you don’t understand “no griefing or stealing” it’s a fairly basic rule that means exactly what it says, sounds like servers you have played on before had exceptions to there rules, we are not going to add things to it because as soon as we do people will claim oh x was not specified so I thought it was ok

Alchrome

Minecraft Username
Alchrome
I accept your reasoning that rules that are too specific can lead to the circumstances you mentioned

123zane321

User Assistant
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
Just to add onto this, I find exercising common sense is the best idea in this kind of situation. Personally, I find the following statement to help clear up most situations like this:

Someone else makey, you no breaky/takey.