modern skyblock 2. Vote page

Pommie001

Minecraft Username
pommie001
Have you ever played skyblock and wanted more? Wanted to play it with mods? Or have you played so many Ex Nihilo based mod packs that you're tired from sifting and want a change? If you answered YES to any of these questions, then Modern Skyblock is the mod pack for you! Unlike your traditional Ex Nihilo skyblock pack, this one is based around a mod called Sky Resources with a different and unique progression line. Instead of sifting for resources, you get them trough alchemy and technology. You also practically have all the mods in the world to play with, but not all are available from the very beginning.

The Progression Line
The progression like in this pack is inspired by Project Ozone Kappa Mode and FTB Infinity Skyblock Expert mode, but it's not hard just for the sake of it being hard. Recipes are changed to test your modded Minecraft knowledge and make you learn mods that you may have never even seen before. At the beginning collecting resources will be a slow process, but as you progress, you'll soon be able to automate that and create endless resources. The progression line adds value to items that you usually take for granted, like for example: Buckets are late-mid game, meaning it'll take you quite a while to make them. To counter the difficulty and balance things out, there are a few minor changes that will help you progress faster, for example: Creepers don't damage blocks, you have an Ender Pouch in your inventory, you can change your hotbar row by pressing "X", you can't die in the void, you can pick up chests and most machines by shift+right-clicking on them with an empty hand,... There may be no quests with rewards, but progression is its own reward, as after you make something that's hard to make, you will be able to use it for many thing.

Mod list here: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/modern-skyblock-2/relations/dependencies

I personally have spent the last 3 to 4 days playing this modpack on SP mode, And i'm having a blast i would just like to see a few others involved and to have our community involved.

please comment below to see if we can get the ball rolling on this one.

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz
We are waiting for software updates, but this pack is on our todo list

123zane321

User Assistant
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
While this does sound like an interesting modpack, I'm not entirely sure a third 1.10+ skyblock modpack would be a popular thing. Nonetheless, I would love to be proved wrong, and personally I would be interested in playing a 1.12 modpack myself.

Edit: looked at the mod list, pleased to see some mods I haven't seen in a while such as Soul Shards. You officially have my support.

Last edited:

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz
is up version 2.4.4, can connect on msb.lolnet.co.nz or via compass