Mod Suggestion - PO3 Kappa mode

NZWarrior

Knight
Minecraft Username
NZWarrior
Hey team,

Been a bit of discussion about this on discord so putting it to a single thread. I'm suggesting PO3 Kappa mode.

123zane321

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
I also support this. I would honestly say PO3 is my top 3 modpacks of all time (including IE:Expert Skyblock and DD&SS) - would love the chance to be able to play it again.

who897

Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
TimeTroll
Putting in my support for this, if it doesn't take 8 hours to make a bucket the modpack isnt hard enough.

xElementzx

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
xElementzx
So.. the fact you have to change a config option to even join the server doesn't bother any of you...?

anarki99nz

Owner
Staff member
Legendary
Guardian
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Donation Drive 2019
Minecraft Username
anarki99nz
If only Kappa was a server-side config option o_O

Vercci

Administrator
Staff member
Minecraft Username
Vercci
Personally sounds like the same amount of work it would take to download that mod that people on eternal needs, all that work and none of the laggy modpack to go with it hopefully.

kingkayell

So.. the fact you have to change a config option to even join the server doesn't bother any of you...?
It's frustrating as it will make it more awkward for people to just download and join - but i'd argue if you're willing to suffer through Kappa mode you're probably not after a casual experience so would be willing to figure out how to update the cfg file

Vercci

Administrator
Staff member
Minecraft Username
Vercci
Was also thinking we could make some good guide to teach how to edit it for people who aren't as instantly tech savvy and link to it with some sort of /joinkappa command if it comes to it.

NZWarrior

Knight
Minecraft Username
NZWarrior
It wouldn't bother me at all if I had to change configs to be able to play a pack on CR. Already done it to be able to play Kappa on SP.

NZWarrior

Knight
Minecraft Username
NZWarrior
Was also thinking we could make some good guide to teach how to edit it for people who aren't as instantly tech savvy and link to it with some sort of /joinkappa command if it comes to it.
If you dont want to change the config you can use the "/packmode kappa" command to change the pack mode. It just requires a restart once you use it.

Vercci

Administrator
Staff member
Minecraft Username
Vercci
If that works from the lobby that could work, but it sounds like they'd have to fire up a single player world to do so. We'd have to figure out what's the most efficient way to do so via config editing and maybe via ingame workaround like that if a good one is figured out.

NZWarrior

Knight
Minecraft Username
NZWarrior
Yea not sure how straight forward it would be to get to work behind the scenes once logged in on the server to change over.

I know finding the config file to change is real easy.

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz
Is it possible to have that file modified from the version downloaded from the creation reborn launcher?
if this was to go ahead the version on the CR launcher would already be modified to work