Mini Game suggestion - Dragon Egg Gambling

Chipsz

I don't know if this has been suggested or requested before, but here I go.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Dragon_egg#Trivia
A Dragon Egg could theoretically be used as a lottery game, by mining out a room big enough for a numbered grid, and taking bets on which square it will teleport to next.
I think it would be cool if an admin etc could host it and players make bets.
though perhaps this wouldn't be suitable for the younger players because it is gambling?
There is quite a few ways this game could be played, it could be quite big.

Chipsz

Chipsz

I have made a checkered board on a creative single player map that when you place a dragon egg in the middle of the board (marked by a lamp) and click on it, it will randomly appear any where within the the checkered board.
There would seem to be places where the eggs are more likely to appear, so the amount one would get back from betting on a certain square or section of the board would vary.

Chipsz

Hey everyone!
I have a link Here to download the Dragon Egg Gambling Board World.
I invite everyone to check it out, especially Ozlw, as he recently made a gambling redstone thing that was lots of fun!

Chipsz

Chipsz

Sicronage said:
if lots of people play at once how will we know who places what bet without going through chat logs?
Ok, I have designed a room where gamblers start, if they want to bet a they Choose their color, then walk on the appropriate pressure plate in-order to place their bet. The pressure plate removes a sum of money and places them in a glass box beside the dragon egg board, with a color on the box so that the staff member knows what they bet on.
I am still needing to get a better understanding of the plugins on the server so i cn utilize them in the making of this unique idea I have chosen to pioneer.
DaveTheDominator said:
I think this is a wonderful idea.
Thank you!! Talk about it with people, if enough people like it, maybe we could get more discussion and therefor more discovery on how it can work with easy and automation! :D
Assassin50 said:
I'm looking forward to it already if you need help building or getting materials ask me!
Thanks assassin! I think being jrmod now means I would have all the materials I would need, however if I wanted to take this on as a private gambling project form my own profit, I would probably need materials from survival. but about the dragon egg.... lets just say, it wouldn't be fun trying to get that past other staff considering the conflict between profiting from creative and the rules... :|

All up, I am still just working on it slowly in Single player.
When I first thought of this, I could not have imagined the amount of work it would need! but that makes it so much more fun and rewarding + I get to learn more about the game.
I currently have a color coded checkerboard that makes it possible to bet on 16 different parts of the board, the colors and bets over lap in checkers.
8 of the bets are on 1 quarter of the board, 4 of them are like a st George cross or plus symbol '+' and the other 4 are in the shape of an ex, like the old blue Scottish flag 'X'.
these 8 over lap, and the other 8 bets are between the 'X' and the '+' like similar to the Union Jack.

I am thinking of a possible 17th bet, as a hardcore gambling option.. shhh.

once I have done some more work on the Command blocks/pressure-plates and have in game instructions, I will upload the newer version of this for download.

Thanks again for the encouragement!

Chipsz

cashm0

Veteran
Veteran
Minecraft Username
cashm0
It does sound like a really cool idea. Hopefully you can get it all figured out and running smoothly enough that that admins are interested in adding it to the lolnet server.