Mac vs PC (ft. About Me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralMoose_NZ

Hi Guys,

My name is AdmiralMoose_NZ and I come from Tauranga, New Zealand. A little bit about me:

:bread: I'm a student @ Mount Maunganui College
:bread: I'm Male
:bread: I study Business Studies, Accounting and Computer Sciences
:bread: I've played on lolnet since around 1.4.8-1.5 (A bit hazy on the details, I believe the first house I ever built was in Pluto)
:bread: I've had a few names, in order: 'bleybley123' (Cracked), 'CptBley' (Cracked), AdmiralMoose, AdmiralMoose_NZ
:bread: I've played on a few servers, and even attempted my own for about a year until I had to divert my attention to study
:bread: I hate loud noises in a quiet environment. (EG: The tap running in an otherwise silent room)
:bread: I aspire to two professions. Either an Commercial Airline Pilot or a Budget forecasting accountant.
:bread: I own a small business, that sells smartphone accessories. (Mooli Accessories on Facebook)
:bread: I love spreadsheets
:bread: I wouldn't say I was particularly stricken with OCD, but I can be fairly particular sometimes.
:bread: People who say 'Oh stop being OCD' annoy me, because OCD is a disorder and not something one can just 'Flip a switch' and engage
:bread: I enjoy go karting in my spare time
:bread: I play Minecraft on a Mac (Shock, Horror)
:bread: I get annoyed by people who pretend to be knowledgeable about a topic and clearly don't know anything at all.
:bread: My favourite food is Macaroni & Cheese, followed by Steak, Eggs, and Chips
:bread: I think it's important to have a laugh now and again, but not get too carried away

Thats pretty much me, if you have any questions just ask :D

Cheers Guys,

AdmiralMoose

Tegal_NZ

Veteran
Veteran
Re: About Me

Playing Minecraft on Mac? I feel your pain... XD
Anyways, it's great to get to know about you! :D

JellyTipGamer

Staff member
Minecraft Username
JellyTipGamer

I'm a windows BOOM. Windows 8. I don't want 8.1 or 10... but I don't wanna degrade lol. So I'm stuck with stupid 8.

Tegal_NZ

Veteran
Veteran

Well... I'm occasionally on the Mac, but if piggysmoo is online, she has the amazing... fast... computer.... *sigh* (Our mum owns the Mac and doesn't trust piggy with it XD so I'm stuck with it :()

Doom_NZ

Minecraft Username
Doom_NZ

lol Macs are all goods. Me and jax both have one each. We run around 150 fps...
(Whats wrong with macs!!?)

Tegal_NZ

Veteran
Veteran

My mum's Mac is as laggy as anything... I almost cry at the terriblenest of it XD... I don't even think "terriblenest" is a word....

ShadowKissed

Minecraft Username
ShadowKissed

Doom_a_nator_687 said:
Whats wrong with macs? Hmm...many things...but... In my opinion, macs are great for the creative sorta stuff like music/video editing, but...anything more...and they sorta fall apart...

I use a mac every day at school for music, but I seriously don't want to wait 30 seconds to a minute for Safari to open, and definitely not 3 minutes for Sibelius or Garageband, it's infuriating (to put it into context, it's an iMac...don't ask which model, idk...)

In terms of the Macbook Pro...seriously...they expect a system with no active cooling system and barely any airflow to work properly without thermal throttling...it's a 1.13 GHz processor (probably comes in other options tho, don't take my word for that) and it thermal throttles with barely any load...all in the name of quiet computing...pfft, sure...

If you want to see a really cool video on how to watercool the Macbook Pro 2015 :p click here: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DyUitTVWlw[/youtube]

P.S: Sorry about the little rant :p lol

Doom_NZ

Minecraft Username
Doom_NZ

ShadowKissed said:
Doom_a_nator_687 said:
Whats wrong with macs? Hmm...many things...but... In my opinion, macs are great for the creative sorta stuff like music/video editing, but...anything more...and they sorta fall apart...

I use a mac every day at school for music, but I seriously don't want to wait 30 seconds to a minute for Safari to open, and definitely not 3 minutes for Sibelius or Garageband, it's infuriating (to put it into context, it's an iMac...don't ask which model, idk...)

In terms of the Macbook Pro...seriously...they expect a system with no active cooling system and barely any airflow to work properly without thermal throttling...it's a 1.13 GHz processor (probably comes in other options tho, don't take my word for that) and it thermal throttles with barely any load...all in the name of quiet computing...pfft, sure...

If you want to see a really cool video on how to watercool the Macbook Pro 2015 :p click here: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DyUitTVWlw[/youtube]

1. First I just thought I'd point out that its kind of funny that this has turned from a document about Moose. To an "argument" about macs.
2. Ok sure sometimes mac tend to take ages to load. But it also depends on the mac. My year old IMac (27 inch with an I7 chip) Takes like 0.5 of a second to load. It also makes like 150 fps in minecraft and like 60 in games like ARK. Sure sometimes it can take ages with things like garageband and FinalCutPro (which is like the payed version of IMovie).

And with MacBook Pros. Same thing. My friend (jaxbepic3107) Has recently bought the 2nd newest version of it. It works great. He uses it for around 3 hours a day. (I know that cause I spend most of my time with him). His though has an i5 chip instead still makes good fps.

As for them breaking? Haven't seen that before, except for maybe someone stabbing a pencil through one. But wouldn't that break any computer? lol.
In my opinion I find macs easier to navigate and things like that. (But maybe thats cause I've used them my whole life) I use a 400 doller ASUS thingy now. But still I use optifine for minecraft so I make 150 fps >:3

Still. This is all my opinion.
Feel free to add anything

Sorry for my rant :p

:axediamond:
Doom_a_nator_687 said:
ShadowKissed said:
Doom_a_nator_687 said:

1. First I just thought I'd point out that its kind of funny that this has turned from a document about Moose. To an "argument" about macs.
2. Ok sure sometimes mac tend to take ages to load. But it also depends on the mac. My year old IMac (27 inch with an I7 chip) Takes like 0.5 of a second to load. It also makes like 150 fps in minecraft and like 60 in games like ARK. Sure sometimes it can take ages with things like garageband and FinalCutPro (which is like the payed version of IMovie).

And with MacBook Pros. Same thing. My friend (jaxbepic3107) Has recently bought the 2nd newest version of it. It works great. He uses it for around 3 hours a day. (I know that cause I spend most of my time with him). His though has an i5 chip instead still makes good fps.

As for them breaking? Haven't seen that before, except for maybe someone stabbing a pencil through one. But wouldn't that break any computer? lol.
In my opinion I find macs easier to navigate and things like that. (But maybe thats cause I've used them my whole life) I use a 400 doller ASUS thingy now. But still I use optifine for minecraft so I make 150 fps >:3

Still. This is all my opinion.
Feel free to add anything

Sorry for my rant :p

I have the newest macbook pro :p not the second newest. I run optifine and get around 100FPS on survival, 40FPS on infinity and 200-400 FPS on skyblock. I know there a lot better computers but for a student i reckon they are the best pick.

JellyTipGamer

Staff member
Minecraft Username
JellyTipGamer
I'm going for windows. Mac is confusing me, I don't like the layout and I HATE safari.

Status
Not open for further replies.