123zane321

User Assistant
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
Item: Crystal Laser Lens
Item ID: environmentaltech:laser_lens_crystal (#8811)
Cost: 5,000 Lolcoins
Stack Size: 64 (I think)
Reasoning: The crystal laser lens is extremely useful when you're looking to upgrade your void ore miner to higher tiers, as it greatly increases the probability that the miner will give you one of the ET crystals on each operation. However, to make it requires 6 blocks of erodium, and given how long it takes to get erodium early game (even with multiple void ore miners operating) I feel that giving players the opportunity to bypass that annoying wait time would be helpful. Also, it loses most of its usefulness once you've got the tier 6 void ore miner, as you'll be getting the crystals pretty damn fast even if you're using a standard laser lens, so I wouldn't exactly call it gamebreaking allowing players to purchase it.

Last edited:

Cluracan

Ascendant
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Cluracan
Definitely wouldn't sell it in a stack of 64; 1 should suffice. And 5,000 is way too cheap, IMHO. The week or so of waiting for the crystals is annoying, I'll agree with that. But once you get the laser lens, the whole thing starts snowballing pretty quick.

123zane321

User Assistant
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
Definitely wouldn't sell it in a stack of 64; 1 should suffice. And 5,000 is way too cheap, IMHO. The week or so of waiting for the crystals is annoying, I'll agree with that. But once you get the laser lens, the whole thing starts snowballing pretty quick.
Derp, I thought the "stack size" thing meant how much the item could stack to, not how much you would sell, my bad. And yeah, you only ever need the one anyway.

Also, I can see your point about the price, maybe something like, say, 20k coins would be more reasonable?

xElementzx

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
xElementzx
Stack size is how much it stacks to

123zane321

User Assistant
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
*pokes thread*

Any update on whether this is gonna be a thing or not?

xElementzx

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
xElementzx
No this will not be added as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.