Just a quick question about RLCraft server.

Dav

Defender
Minecraft Username
davyn
Is "The Lost Cities" enabled on the server as I see some of the other mod packs have it reset regularly.
I see that the RLCraft server is not listed as one that has it reset. I would be awesome to have access to the dim 111.
Oh and is the firetick gamerule on true or false as it seems it is on false as there is no spread but does that mean the fires stay lit forever?
Wish they would just go out over time or when it rains and still not spread but I think that would be impossible.
Thanks for any info regarding these questions.
Kindest regards,
From Dav.

xElementzx

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
xElementzx
HI Dav.
Lost Cities is actually broken for us, it's a sponge incompat with Lost Cities and one of the other mods in RLCraft, and fire tick is turned off, not possible to have it not spread but still put itself out..

Dav

Defender
Minecraft Username
davyn
Oh that is sad to hear, I do love the way that dim looks and it would add some new loot and challenges to the map.
As a lot of the ruins have been raided already in the existing map.
Having a fresh area that gets wiped would have been awesome.
Also the fire issue is that turned off by default? I personally don't mind seeing the fire burn as I know it will stop and go out.
I have come across so many areas on the map swamped in fire, the dragons must have gone crazy.
I understand there is a patch for 2.8 happening soon from what Shivaxi has posted. It has fixes to stop the Lycanites mobs setting the dragons off.
I love to rebuild areas after the devastation and reforest areas and fire does help clear the area.
The claims would stop and negate fire on personal property still if peeps were worried about home I think?
Thanks for getting back to me so quick too.
Oh and was going to ask about donations too but not sure what part of forum to put question in?
Just wondered if donations accrue, if I someone was to pay 20 each month over a year could they earn almost max rank?

xElementzx

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
xElementzx
So fire tick being off stops severe amounts of lag (It was turned on to begin with) it doesn't stop and go out fast enough if it hits a forest sadly.. and 20k blocks of fire literally tanks server performance...

And RE donations yes they do stack as long as your last donation doesn't run out before you refresh it

Dav

Defender
Minecraft Username
davyn
Sweet thanks for the info. Perfect explanation too on donations.
On the fire issue, I thought it may have been an issue. I will have fun working out ways to be the fireman.
I wonder if the Lost Cities issue is something that can be fixed? I run a small server and play with the configs and code a bit.
Though it is nothing at all like the professional system you have going on, kudos to you and your team. Great to see indeed.

Dav

Defender
Minecraft Username
davyn
Interesting it seems at one stage Lost cities and sponge was an issue,
https://github.com/SpongePowered/SpongeForge/issues/1815
but there was a fix, seems that got resolved, not sure how similar that is to the issue.
I do hope when the 2.8 update happens. It can fix a few of the issues with this amazing pack.
I do not fear death in this pack, just the ability to find the gear that gets thrown from inventory and scattered to the winds.
Oh and if I had a dollar for every mob that seems to want to pick up and wear or use or just dang steal my gear.
Any chance of a keep inventory donator perk? haha

Vercci

Administrator
Staff member
Minecraft Username
Vercci
Pretty sure it's a different issue preventing it now, something about the portal not creating.

And keep inventory for donors probably screws with all the other gravestone mods.

xElementzx

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
xElementzx
No chance of keep inventory for a donor perk, I mean you eventually get god so.. yeah....
And it's not Lost Cities and sponge alone, it's Lost Cities, sponge and another mod (Have actually done a bit of debugging regarding this) the dimension itself works fine, it's the portal to the dimension that's not functional

Dav

Defender
Minecraft Username
davyn
Gravestone Mod would be awesome, wish that could be added. But I think Shivaxi says he does not want it.
He likes when you die things explode out.
There is a back-pack that can worn in RLCraft that sort of configured to be like a tombstone

But the pack takes the spot of the chest armor?
Is there a way that it could be configured to not be chest armor there seems to be a key in commands for it to be opened while on back too!
This could solve a few issues at least.

xElementzx

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
xElementzx
not on our end mate sorry