Status
Not open for further replies.

Arns

Veteran
Veteran
Minecraft Username
Arns
Hey guys,

So Infinity has been up for quite a while now, just wondering what your guys thoughts are on an Infinity world reset.
The only thing that will get transferred is extra claims...

Feel free to ask questions, or just vote via the poll above what you would like to do.

Cheers,
Arns and the Admin team

123zane321

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
After what happened today with the whole MyTown thing and old towns being deleted, I think resetting the world soon after this would be somewhat redundant, and so I've voted no, but I can see it needing to be reset eventually.

Arns

Veteran
Veteran
Minecraft Username
Arns
Okay, your point has been noted. We will take this into consideration... Also, the server has just reached being a year old. So I strongly recommend a world reset.

itsTequim

Ascendant
Minecraft Username
ItsTequim
Its a good idea the only annoyance for myself would be forking out another 5k lolcoins for a personal anchor and some people have multiple

123zane321

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
I agree with what itsTequim said, I feel as though personal anchors should be transferred over as well if and when the server does get reset.

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz
the deletion of old towns would not make a full reset redundant the server was restarting every 20 mins because of the amount of towns, other server operators would have just reset it because of that (not knowing the cause) we profile our servers find the cause and fix it, then roll that fix out to all the other servers so it does not happen to them as mentioned by arns infinity is just over a year old and has not had a map reset in this time, we try and keep maps for as long as possible. but I think the time is nearing, even if this doesn't happen now it will happen sooner or later

as for chunk loaders should vote more, not you zane as it only takes you 4.5 days to earn enough coins for one :p

Phuizour

Minecraft Username
Phuizour
I would suggest a temp kit for a week or something that people can claim as a world reset that contains the inscriber patterns, maybe iron tools, 5 charged certus, and maybe some other basic stuff.

123zane321

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
I like Phuizour's suggestion as well, maybe charge something like, say, 300 LolCoins for it or something like that?

mikhaila666

Ascendant
Veteran
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
Mikhaila666
All towns would be removed. That's an "of course" sort of thing. No need to keep old towns for people who don't play, especially when it's protecting nothing except undeveloped chunks. And the server is crashing because of too many towns. Keeping towns is not an option, or optimal in any way.

As to a kit: Why? It takes what? 15 minutes to get iron tools for most of you?

Selling inscriber patterns is a possibility. But not for 300 :) That's 1 day for anyone, and 1/4 of a day for zane. If you value it, and saves you looking for meteors, it should be worth something.

MartyBlythe

So uh yeah, when will this happen? I've accepted now that the vote is looking pretty much won by the yes group so I'm not gonna play till the servers map gets reset.

MINENONATOR2

Minecraft Username
MINENONATOR2
Just the thought of starting new I like although as itsTequim said about the personal anchors, it would be an issue as people saved up for a while and might have only just got them. Possibly let the people with 1 or more anchors gain access to only 1 free one. The kit idea is alright but only make it leather armor, food and a few tools (if you go through with the kit). I vote yes. Thanks <3

123zane321

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
mikhaila666 said:
Selling inscriber patterns is a possibility. But not for 300 :) That's 1 day for anyone, and 1/4 of a day for zane
Oh stop it you XD

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz
Hey guys sorry for the delay have been flat out at work all going well we hope to finish and launch later today, and worst case after working the last 7 days I have a day off tomorrow so I can do any final touches etc

Cheers Dez

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz
currently 4k each way so total world size is 8k by 8k

Status
Not open for further replies.