Infinity - Increase map borders

PixelShader

Hey there, I've been on Infinite for a few days so far and I've been liking it on here (Smooth connection, close to home) but one thing has been bugging me quite a lot, the map borders end at 10k. Most may not see the problem with this but basically wherever I've tried to set up a home, there's always a nearby player; My first base was the worst, someone had used a mining turtle or something and there was this massive gaping tunnel when I was making my mine. My second one was also quite bad as somebody lived about 100 blocks away from me and thus most ores were mined out. Currently I haven't found any nearby players in my third base but it would be nice if we could have expanded world borders, like perhaps 15kx15k or 20kx20k?

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Samuel.

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz
Hey Samuel

Firstly welcome to our servers :) and thanks for not being afraid to get into it and ask the hard questions :p unfortunately at this time we will not be looking to expand the world boarder on infinity, infinity is already our largest server in file size and it takes more than its allocation of SSD space, thinking to the future you may be interested in the infinity hard mode server we will be running as soon as FTB release the pack that will be a fresh world were you will have first choice of resources (well first choice with all the other players that get on on day one)

Cheers Dez

PixelShader

dezil_nz said:
Hey Samuel

Firstly welcome to our servers :) and thanks for not being afraid to get into it and ask the hard questions :p unfortunately at this time we will not be looking to expand the world boarder on infinity, infinity is already our largest server in file size and it takes more than its allocation of SSD space, thinking to the future you may be interested in the infinity hard mode server we will be running as soon as FTB release the pack that will be a fresh world were you will have first choice of resources (well first choice with all the other players that get on on day one)

Cheers Dez
Alright, thanks for clearing that up with a good response. I can understand how many blocks 10kx10k must have ((10,000^2)*64(the average height)) so I can imagine it must be quite big, especially with the blocks added by the mods, so fair enough. Also I might give Hardmode a try, sounds like it could be fun :D

FaMatrix

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
FaMatrix
Infinity HardMode is going to be far more fun than just a 'kitchen sink' which is 'just throw mod into the pack without much of configurations' - More tasks, more crafting, everything! :D

See you soon.