Incompatible modpack

crackerprawn

Minecraft Username
Crackerprawn
Hey,
I used your launcher to download FTB Revelations with the intent to come punch trees etc. but it keeps rejecting me apparently due to there being "0 compatible mods" between client and server. It correctly shows that two hundred and something mods have been loaded on the title screen. I've searched around a bit but haven't found any useful help yet... thanks for your time; looking forward to playing :)

Cluracan

Ascendant
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Cluracan
Are you connecting to play.lolnet.co.nz, or rev.lolnet.co.nz? Do you make it in to lobby? Or is that message on the connection screen? What version of Java are you running? How much RAM have you given Rev?

crackerprawn

Minecraft Username
Crackerprawn
I've tried both - same issue. I can make it into the lobby to look at the available servers and add/edit them, but there's a big red X that tells me that the pack isn't compatible. I updated Java yesterday to see if that would help, so whatever the most recent version is. I've given it 4gb max and 3 min, is that enough?

edit: I guess by "lobby" you meant the starter area on the rev server - in that case no, I don't make it that far. It just times out after a couple of minutes trying to connect.

Cluracan

Ascendant
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Cluracan
Wait, what are you calling "lobby"? The multiplayer server list that you can edit is within Minecraft, not on our lobby server. Ignore the red X, can you connect?

crackerprawn

Minecraft Username
Crackerprawn
Alright well with that in mind I'm going to try connecting five or six times in a row... sometimes that works. Now is maybe a good time to mention my connection is pretty awful

crackerprawn

Minecraft Username
Crackerprawn
Still no luck, but interestingly the error messages from attempting to join are always "forcibly closed by remote host" or "timed out" errors as opposed to warning me about mod conflicts like it normally would in that scenario. I'll keep trying.

Cluracan

Ascendant
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Cluracan
For Rev, might be worth upping the RAM a bit, as timeouts can occur if your system can't handle the network traffic fast enough due to not enough RAM

crackerprawn

Minecraft Username
Crackerprawn
Alright thanks I'll give it a shot or fifty. Can everyone on the server(s) see when I attempt to join and fail? I hope not, that'd be pretty annoying I guess

Cluracan

Ascendant
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Cluracan
Not all servers, at most it'll be the people on the server you're trying to join (lobby or Modpack).