For 0zlw - Banning of surf_dude03

Status
Not open for further replies.

gountero

Hey 0z, just querying about you banning surf_dude03.
He has kind of become my friend on lolnet, building a city with me, and he has asked on Skype if I can try get him unbanned.
He said you accused him of using a hack, called nodus, and he claimed he wasn't. I'm not sure if he is completely honest, but can you verify what the ban was for and how long it's for?
He said you banned him for 28 days, and asked me to talk to you, so I was wondering if you could give him another chance? And also why you thought he was using it, do you admins and mods have some way of detecting hacks?

Thanks 0zlw, and I would be grateful if you can reply.

cptwin

Veteran
Veteran
Minecraft Username
cptwin
This has been moved to the appeal section.

I'll just respond to the detecting of hacks.

Yes, we have plugins that can detect if you are using cheating clients.

0zlw

Veteran
Veteran
Minecraft Username
0zlw
Opening up, on request I am perfectly happy to validate my reasoning for any punishments or other words that I hand out to users. As a general comment, if I am handing out or issuing a serious punishment, I will always have some kind of compelling evidence for the matter.

Originally I held suspicions of him abusing or using hacks in particular X-ray when he asked for the return of 64 diamonds. When I said that you would need to have mined 21 chunks to get this he started a dispute with me. He also consistently denied any of my accusations of using X-ray. But on deeper investigation into the console I picked up on him messaging another user saying that he did in fact use X-ray (This is available on a screenshot).

I issued him a 4 week ban for this issue. (Normally for offences of hacking like x-ray, most servers would give people a straight permanent ban without a care in the world) His crimes were:

-Utilisation of X-Ray to gain an unfair advantage
-Lying and providing false information about personal activities to an Administrator

If he feels this is too harsh he is welcome to write a further appeal on this forum that can be reviewed in full view of this case. I have a personal stance that X-ray should not be tolerated by any users as we have hundred of users who use Lolnet to get the sense of reward and achievement of the game which X-ray in no way provides and removes the essence of what our users work hard to achieve.

Joyce

I am actually aware that a few players in lolnet are also using Nodus there is someone in my school who is spreading nodus to everyone. I'm just giving a name to you. aldy98 is also using Nodus. So you should take action against him. I told that person to stop spreading Nodus but he did not listen to me. If you would like more info, please just /msg me in the lolnet thank you.

Winter_24

is it ok If you could unbar surf_dude ip address as zbethune because he has been complaining to me about the stuff i have telling you 0zlw. Ok to even tell the truth i told you 0zlw about the nodus because I was jelous of all my friends having diamonds and given the diamonds i found WITHOUT X-ray. Please Unban Surf dude but not his ip. I was the one that bought the account for zbethune. I also gave his account to someone else. So please restart his whole account. Give all his items to maddielove/Joyce. Zbethune has been having a bad day so please unbar him. If there is a way i could help I will try my best to find the plugin stoping every single hack that are able to be used now.

Im so sorry joyce.... I didn't mean to tell 0zlw about you guys :(

Winter_24

0zlw all my friends would like to say that.. When you are an admin can you take it a bit easier on us because we are still like 11 to 12 year old people. 0z please take things easier on us. We didn't mean to use nodus.

TheLordIgor

Hello Guys!!! Its me, Igor! You got Zach (surf_dude03) really angry about banning him so he gave up his account (surf_dude03) to me because my account wasn't premium! It would help if you unbanned surf_dude03 because you would have me building awesome stuff like you saw in igorville (my village). Thank You!

I have to say that you guy's wanting 0zlw to go easier on you made me laugh. It is my opinion that he is too easy on you griefers and cheaters. If you really think he is mean and too harsh, go play Dora the explorer on Nickelodeon.

Winter_24

Do you have to say that Nzgb?????? We are just saying... as a moderator 0zlw is my favorite mod. but as an admin he is a bi† more strict. 0z is a really kind person as I know but if he could like talk to us first. Other then banning people way to dromatic.

gountero

Thanks 0zlw, I wasn't to sure if he was being honest (sorry Zach :| ), specially because his friend, not naming anyone, offered me a hack which you could find diamonds easier with, or something like that. Which I straight away refused.
It's just I said I would look into this case, for Zach, but I'll leave it to you to do what you think's best. ;)
And I hope him and his friends learn from this and stop using hacks.

0zlw

Veteran
Veteran
Minecraft Username
0zlw
Okay let me address a number of issues raised here on this post:

1. While I feel that a 4 week temporary ban punishment is quite harsh, even though this is an offense on other servers that would lead to an immediate ban I feel that because of circumstance post the issuing of this punishment that don't put "Zach" in a very favourable light.

He has made a number of attempts on 3 different account to circumvent the ban we have placed on him. Each time I offered him the opportunity to say he was Surf_Dude but every time he told me no even though he was consistently on the same IP. This lack of regard for the punishment issued is obvious he has not learnt his lesson.

Leniancy because of age I believe is not approritate. 1. There is no way to verify any information you provide us but 2. and more importantly, I see no reason why people have to be treated any differently just because of age. The actual circumstances of the case are much more important.

Responding to this quote inparticular:

Winter_24 said:
0z is a really kind person as I know but if he could like talk to us first. Other then banning people way to dromatic.
When ever I believe a person has committed a crime I will always give them a full and reasonable opportunity to own up. Zach in particular was defiantly advising me he did not use X-ray and yet telling other users he did. He has plenty of time to tell me the truth and this would have resulted in a lenient punishment. I do this every time in every circumstance where it is possible.

If you still feel that despite the amounting circumstances this is still too harsh, I am happy to engage in further discussion about.

Winter, that post was 16 days ago when you were whinging to 0zlw about being a bit easier on you cheaters and griefers. Why should I show any manners to cheaters and griefers? If Dora the Explorer is not your thing, Im sure there is a few Elmo games out there that might suit you better.

Joyce

@Nzgbjunior can you try and not be that mean because I personally think that we are actually taking this matter a bit too far. I know that we were in the wrong because we have Nodus but because of this ban most of us have learnt their lesson already. Well if you want to hold any of them responsible for having the hack, actually I am the one who kind of started it. Well so sorry for the trouble... :(

Joyce

And @Nzgbjunior, please show some respect to my friends I am aware of all of this. I have warned them about their actions as well but if you guys in lolnet want to put the blame on someone, put it on me and if you wanna disrespect someone just disrespect me! I am FINE with all of this but I just do not want you guys to blame my friends since this was entirely my fault if you want I could quit lolnet as well! No problem at all! If you want me to tell everyone to STOP using Nodus I will! But @Nzgbjunior right now you are actually INSULTING us if you are not aware of that I have just POINTED that clear fact out to you. Nobody is perfect they are good in some things and bad at others. So why don't you start showing some respect to us too? Well one thing we NEVER griefed. And yes what we did was wrong I understand. You don't trust me fine but in your life I bet that you cheated on some other stuff as well. Besides this is only a GAME! A game that doesn't really exist so would you calm down and actually... I dunno WAKE THE HELL UP from this fantasy!

Winter_24

nzgb junior its ok for you to say that nzgb junior. But we are just telling you how we feel about what you wrote :( Sorry for my other post. I was just saying

Explain to me why cheaters and griefers deserve respect, and if it's plausable, I will show respect, if not, suck it up.

If you do not like what I say, quit telling me to show respect and stop being mean. Honestly lol, telling you to go play Dora and Elmo games is funny not mean. :lol:

Schnicks_NZ

Minecraft Username
Schnicks_NZ
0zlw is just following the rules..Nzgb is right....Any other server of this popularity an admin would ban you from the server forever.....for using nodus or anything like it... So deal with it. Dont cheat/use any mods to help you... or you will be harassed and banned by us for using such mods.

Have a nice day :p

Status
Not open for further replies.