Dez's new PC

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz
Hey guys

Been a while since I have done a build log and also been a while since I did a build for my self, going to try and document as much of this build as possible only have some small modifications planned but it's the small things that play a major roll in how your PC performs

Parts list will be posted later tonight

FaMatrix

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
FaMatrix
eliteaccendo said:
Some sexy parts in that mix.... Very Jealous.
Same ship as you...!

Meatnog

Journeyman
Minecraft Username
Meatnog
I built a very similar system back in October.

Why'd you go with the Gigabyte board and not ASUS MAXIMUS VIII? That's the only real difference between our rigs (other than you picked wireless, which I never understand for desktops...)

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz
what would the ASUS board give me over the Gigabyte one? apart from costing me about 90% more?

and the wireless is for 2 things I plan to take this beast away with me and for the Bluetooth

:)

Meatnog

Journeyman
Minecraft Username
Meatnog
Well, I have the MAXIMUS VIII Gene, so it isn't as expensive as the other MAXIMUS boards, but yeah it is still double the price ($150 vs $80, USA Dollars)

Basically ASUS has on-the-fly overclocking (AI Suite 3), and some other things.

But you already bought your rig (and I assume configured it), so it is probably only a cosmetic difference to you at this point.

Added in 1 minute 17 seconds:
Check out this too:

http://motherboardbenchmark.net/best-ch ... therboard/

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz
yea I will always do a manual overclock vs using software to do it so no need for that

and my parts are still to arrive should be here today :D

rating site is interesting but assuming I can get the clock I want on the CPU I would say that if I were to swap the motherboard for a better rated one I would not be able to notice the difference

Meatnog

Journeyman
Minecraft Username
Meatnog
I hope you enjoy the new rig, Dez. :) It is always fun building a new machine.