[Departed] Restart please

PhoReaper

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
PhoReaper
The first time I went to The Outer Lands, there were no issues so it was fine. When I opened my second one I did a lot of sprinting and being lost, which may have caused too many mobs to accumulate, because Departed starting getting block lag - not just for me, but for everyone. Returning to the overworld didn't fix it, and relogging didn't fix it. I asked for a restart but the mods online said it was only 20 minutes since the last restart so they didn't. I've also noticed that several times when Departed is lagging for any reason, it reports good tps, so to put it bluntly, that number is a lie. Could you please restart the server, despite the fact it might tell you that it's fine?

Hi Pho, upon investigation this isn't an issue that i can resolve.

There is a memory leak inside of the pack and the only way to "resolve" this would be to allow more memory to the server. Even this would not fix it as it would just consume that amount and perhaps allow 20 mins between restarts instead of 15.

I did find a few mobs that were using 30-40% of the tick and removed them but this is only going fix things temporarily.

PhoReaper

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
PhoReaper
A temporary fix is a lot better than nothing, thanks :)