Not open for further replies.

123zane321

User Assistant
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
The Key Points
Why do you want to become a UserAssistant?
I will go into more detail below, but I was a User Assistant in the past, and would like to be given the chance to join the team again, given that I feel I have more I can offer.

Why do you believe you should be a UserAssistant?
I have been a member of the Lolnet community for quite a long time on and off (fairly sure I joined back when the donation ranks were still using the VIP system), I enjoy helping people out as and when I can, and would love to be able to be more of a role model to players new and old alike.

What can you contribute to Lolnet as a UserAssistant?
I have a witty sense of humour, I enjoy helping people to the best extent of my knowledge, and I am a generally fun person to be around.

Previous Experience and Skills:
Have you setup or operated a Minecraft server before? Do you have experience in Administering or Moderating MC Servers or other games?
As previously mentioned, I used to be a UA on Lolnet. I was also an Operator on an old Minecraft Classic server a long time ago.

What experience do you have with using plugins (Prism, CoreProtect, ReportRTS etc) as a moderating tool?
Given that I have been a UA previously, I have had experience with all these plugins, although I would need to take just a little time to refresh my memory. I am always open to learning about these plugins and others in more depth as well.

What skills (outside of Minecraft) could you provide lolnet? How would these help the server?
(eg: Website Design, Graphic Design, Experience with running other game servers etc)
I am currently studying for a Bachelor's Degree in Business and Enterprise, and I feel that if I was accepted back onto the UA team, I would be able to apply the skills I learn from this course in order to better the Lolnet community.

Examples of Contribution to the Server:
What is an example of a time when you acted like a moderator?
(Conflict resolution, helped a newbie, community spirit)
Since starting afresh on SkyFactory 3, I have taken to showing a number of fairly new players around my island, and sharing both my builds and ideas for other builds. I also enjoy trading resources between myself and others (not giving/taking stuff for free of course)

What is an example of a time you weren't so moderator like?
(Argued with another player, exploited a bug, tried to use x-ray)
As I mentioned above, I *used to be* a UA, until March last year, when I received a ban for griefing. Basically, what happened was, I broke a person's Wither Skeleton spawner in the Nether on Infinity, with the intention of replacing it at a later date. However, the absence of the spawner was noticed before I was able to return it, and I was swiftly (and rightly) banned. While I was able to successfully appeal my ban after explaining my actions and apologising to both staff and the player whose spawner I broke, I lost my UA privileges. While I was upset that I had lost my status as UA, I agreed completely with the decision - I would probably have done the same were the roles reversed.

I know that being banned will possibly result in my application for US this time around being declined, and I will accept the decision if it is so. However, I feel that I have learned from my mistakes, and will be able to help players avoid making the same mistakes I made.

About You:
Time Zone and when are you typically online. (We are looking for a diverse range of timezones to have more staff available more often):
I live in New Zealand, and am usually on anywhere between 11AM and midnight.

How would you like to improve lolnet? What can we do better to make using the server better?
One idea I suggested to staff a while back was to have a small bonus to lolcoin purchases for players who already have a donor rank. This would give players more of an incentive to donate for both ranks and lolcoins, and would help the server as well as a result with the increase in income.

Do you own a microphone/headset? And have you used our Discord server before?
Yes and yes.

Is there anything else you would like to add?
A few things:
- Harambe was just a gorilla
- #haildez
- Regardless of whether my application is accepted or declined, I fully intend to remain an active member of the Lolnet community.

Thank you for considering my application, and peace out =D

FaMatrix

Content Creator
Journeyman
Veteran
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
FaMatrix
Application Denied.

User has not met the requirements, we also have plenty of NZ players at the moment.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.