[Denied] Nagginik to dezil_nz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagginik

Hi devil_nz, i mean no disrespect when i say this, but can you please clarify why you think my new name, 'Nagginik', is just as inappropriate as the first? I mean, sure, it has a resemblance to the original name, but the new name itself has no meaning and is not disrespectful to anyone or anything that i am aware of.

Edit: Take a look for yourself, its not offensive, http://www.newzealandslang.com/n.php :p

mikhaila666

Ascendant
Veteran
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
Mikhaila666
Re: Nagginik to dezil_nz

just my opinion, but you're first name was so inappropriate that I'd question why we even want to let you on the server. Why then go and just change a couple of letters?

Tegal_NZ

Veteran
Veteran

I may aswell voice my opinion in too, and it is pretty much the same as Mik's, if you had really wanted to come back onto the server, you would have changed your name properly, and not like as Mik said about changing a couple of letters. When I looked at your name change at first glance I thought it said something just as offensive as the last. I'm sure other people would have too. So its best to just change your name properly, I dont see how you would have such an offensive name in the first place.

Also, sorry if UAs aren't allowed here but I'd just thought I'd try to help make a point :)

-CoolBurl

Nagginik

I guess i'm going to have to start from the beginning. Sorry in advance for the lengthy post.

My mate and I were slumped on the ground, bored out of our minds. We were combining words together to try come up with an odd but catchy insult. That's how we came up with my original name. Where I come from, (low socio-economic status and all) Africans are pretty rare, and so the word never came across as overly offensive to me or anyone. At this point in time, the word's profanity was evident to me and was part of the reason I used it as my username for countless other things. Along with this, on sites such as Steam, I found a photo of a dark skinned man on Google images and used him as my profile picture.
Several months after this, I went on an excursion to some university. Now please try to envision the magnificence of what I am about to tell you. I'm in the middle of a hallway, and the dark skinned man, the EXACT same as in my photo, dressed just as formally, appears at the end of the hallway and leaves. My mate finished going toilet, comes out, and the same man reappears at the other end of the hallway. He walks down the hallway. I say 'Hi', and he replies with 'Hello' is the most beautiful accent, the word rolling of his tongue, as smooth as velvet. I was mesmerized. It couldn't be a coincidence. I thought it was destiny. I have used his name for everything ever since. For a long time now, the relevance of the name to me has had nothing to do with profanity. The name is my connection to a euphoric experience I will never forget.
I can predict that you won't consider my experience valid however, so it is not my main argument.
To begin, I have used my original username for various other sites and purposes. Prior to Minecraft, the most critical comment made about it was, 'Lol, why the name?', to which I would reply with the story above, and they would say, 'Haha, ok.' My name has never been an issue. At the end of last year, I bought Minecraft, to make a model town for a class project. To display the town, one of my mates logged in to show the class. Noone saw my name. At about March this year, I jumped on Minecraft with my mates, the first time I had ever played Minecraft with the intention of gaming, on an online server. There I was told to change my name, and I told the moderator my story. He laughed, and said that the server was PG. I told him to show me how to change it, as I didn't know how, and he changed it for me, to 'Nagginik', the name I use now. That was six months ago. Three days ago was the third time I had ever used Minecraft, second time ever with the intention of gaming, first time ever on this server.
Where I live, the word is not viewed as overly offensive, it has never been a problem before Minecraft, and this is the first time my name has had such a severe impact, for which I am sorry. The thought of changing my name didn't occur to me as:
1- I didn't know how
2- It had never been an issue
3- The profane significance of it had long been replaced by the aforementioned incident
4- It had already been changed in Minecraft (I had no idea it was only serverside)

This is the first time my name has had such a negative impact on anyone, for which I am truly sorry. I did not make the name 'Nagginik', it was given to me by another Minecraft server, so I assumed it would be adequate. Furthermore, since I cannot think of any inappropriate conclusion you could draw from 'Nagginik', I assume that you mistook it for my original name. This may owe itself to you knowing my original name. It would be a different matter for those on the server. Regardless, I will change my name as soon as I am able to, as I do not want to cause such severe offence in the future. However, the holidays are nearly halfway through, my mates are playing on this server, and I would really like to join them, so for this reason and the ones stated throughout my reply, I ask you to reconsider my position.

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz

first of all congratulations on the link in your first post, one would assume from that, that the original name was ok as well, and yet we know it isn't and you by your own admition also know it isn't.

as for your story did you ask this gentlemen what he thought of the name you had given him? and how he felt about it?

now were you live in the world may not find the name you chose offensive but our server attracts a global community to it, I would also assume you don't wonder around the streets of your home town referring to yourself as "niggadik"

on to your points
1- I didn't know is not an excuse for anything and as mentioned you intended the name to be offensive
2- you claimed it hadn't been an issue but still describe how it was changed on another server for you, which implies there was some issue
3- because you think a word is okay does not mean the global community you chose to use it in accepts it as that
4- this part I could understand (but it is not a practice we use, and the tab list will still show the original name)

now I believe that this appeal is sincere and that you have made a really good effort and had you not still had the word in your name we would have not needed to do this at all, but as it stands you still have the word "nigga" in your name, now I agree that if it had not been for your first name we most likely would have not noticed this but that is your mistake not ours.

so at this time you will remain banned until you can change your name again, I believe that there is a 30 day wait from mojang to do this

This thread will remain open for the next 24 hours for your reply, and to let any other admins comment

Cheers Dez

Nagginik

From your response, one may assume that you are implying I am justifying my original name. I am not. Make no mistake, I know the profanity within my original name, though not the full extent of it until now. The point within my post was, the name has a much more significant relevance to me, which is why I used it. For a long time, I had no intention of causing offence, and since it didn't, I forgot about it's offensive nature altogether. Of course, this is no excuse, but you must understand, I did not wish to cause offense when I joined your server.

About the name I had given the gentleman, you are right. I did not ask of his opinion, and I am sure he would not be happy to say the least. However, it was destiny, in my eyes, he is a god. To change the name would be sacrilege.

I would never refer to myself on the streets as "niggadik" as that is false preaching and blasphemy. ;)

About my points, sure, idk is not an excuse, but it is something to be regarded. Point 2 is my mistake. By issue I meant no major issue. You see, it was quick, my name was changed for me, no problems. Again, I am sorry about my original name. It was not ignorance that led to me continuing to use my name, I had just long forgotten it's offensiveness.

I think you raise a really good point on the last thing. Seeing as how a 26 day wait would spell the end of the holidays, would it not be possible for you to make an exception? I mean I would be perfectly fine with it, so, unless I'm missing something, there shouldn't be any issue with you changing my name. Should anyone be on the server and happen to press tab, the worst they would see is "Nagginik", and these guys most likely have not seen my original name. I mean, popcorn has the word "p*rn" in it right, so... XD

For some unimaginable reason, you weren't moved by my unique experience as much as I thought you would be. That leads me to think (unbelievably) that it will be the same case here. Nevertheless, my hopes are high. Thanks for your time and patience Dezil, and the other admins who looked at this. Perhaps I will play in the future :)

mikhaila666

Ascendant
Veteran
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
Mikhaila666

Wall of Drama, no substance. See you in 26 days if you can manage to figure out a non-offensive name.

Status
Not open for further replies.