DD&SS or Interactions?

One_77

Journeyman
Legendary
Donation Drive 2019
Minecraft Username
Troopy_
Hi, Creation Reborn admins, and players.

I would like to propose the replacement of one of the currently more deadish modpacks that are running on the network, (rustic, DW20, Skyfactory). I think it would be nice to see a pack such as DD&SS come back, or better yet FTB Interactions. The network has hosted these before, so hopefully some familiarity to the modpacks helps with my proposal here.

I think that one of these two modpacks would be a great addition for a challenging quest based modpack, that is not a stone/sea/sky block-based challenge. (I am aware that Interactions starts as a skyblock, but this is not forever!).

From memory, when DDnSS was originally released on the network, it occurred at a similar time to Interactions being hosted on the network, I think Interactions struggled to maintain popularity due to the two challenging packs being released at a similar time. I myself was conflicted between which one to play because I wanted to play interactions, meanwhile my buddies wanted to play DD&SS!

I have decided to post this here on the forum, because if other players would like to comment, and support this proposal they are welcome to.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to consider this.
Thanks,
Troopy_

DementedCow1

Minecraft Username
DementedCow452
Yea id love to see this happen, I personally love Interactions and have played it multiple times.
Definitely a good idea. :)

Microjet

Legendary
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Microjet
I would like to throw my hat in the ring for either of these two packs, but I'd prefer interactions.

I agree that a lot of packs running now see very little activity. Spongeforge dev likely hasn't even started yet for newer versions of MC, and I'm concerned about having something to keep the community together. Many players have already drifted away. If we can build something to keep the community together until we can get newer packs in then I definitely want to support that!.

I'll even volunteer to build the spawn if that will help the decision!
Microjet

123zane321

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
While I can't speak for the rest of the staff, personally I would LOVE to see DD&SS make a comeback, as it is one of my 3 favourite modpacks. While I wasn't really a fan of Interactions, I don't see why it shouldn't come back as well should there be sufficient interest.

The thing I personally loved about DD&SS as opposed to other quest-based modpacks is that, while other packs may give a quest description like "make x number of item y to progress", DD&SS makes a point of highlighting important items as you go along, what they are used for, and how likely you are to need a significant number of the for future quests. It also doesn't railroad you into focusing on a single mod or style of mod, as a combination of tech and magic is required to reach the endgame.

I also enjoyed the thrill of early-mid game exploration being a significant part of the pack, as certain items, while farmable in the endgame, can only be obtained as treasure from dungeons and such, while having to dodge mini-boss monsters and *shudder* blood moons.

tl;dr me wanty dd&ss

RustyMac

Minecraft Username
RustyMac
I agree , I enjoyed DD&SS, the pack has some really good challenges as well as the infamous blood moon with the OP mobs. Happy to play either but would prefer DD&SS.

Microjet

Legendary
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Microjet
maybe I'd have had a better time with dd&ss if I hadn't isolated myself on a floating platform, thought I was doing myself a favor but I'm not so sure I was now. It made traveling anywhere a hassle to get back home, trying to avoid the '/home tax' lol

Edit: so 5 people are interested in playing one of these packs again, spread the word where you can!

One_77

Journeyman
Legendary
Donation Drive 2019
Minecraft Username
Troopy_
The main thing that drew me away from DDnSS last time was the lack of /home and /tpa. I don't always have the time available to walk everywhere haha.

Microjet

Legendary
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Microjet
hmm If I remember it right, I think there were things available in the pack to replace that right? like ender book or something? probably not something available until your a fair way into it though.

One_77

Journeyman
Legendary
Donation Drive 2019
Minecraft Username
Troopy_
hmm If I remember it right, I think there were things available in the pack to replace that right? like ender book or something? probably not something available until your a fair way into it though.
I still think it'd be nice to have some of the usual cheats that most of us cannot live without though. Even if the cooldown timer is extra long! It would also assist people to move their dwellings further away from the spawn too, with /home to get back home and /tpa to invite friends over for dinner!

123zane321

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
Celestial gateways were cute, not only did they give you a decent teleport option, it gave players an easy way to meet up with each other in a safe manner to trade and whatnot.

123zane321

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
I still think it'd be nice to have some of the usual cheats that most of us cannot live without though. Even if the cooldown timer is extra long! It would also assist people to move their dwellings further away from the spawn too, with /home to get back home and /tpa to invite friends over for dinner!
I'd support this to be honest, I think the only things that should be completely cut off should be /fly and /god =P

One_77

Journeyman
Legendary
Donation Drive 2019
Minecraft Username
Troopy_
If I had to pick 1, it'd be Interactions!

Come on interactions people, who's with me? haha..