Custom Pack - Blue Systems

incarn

Guardian
Minecraft Username
incarn
Appreciate the effort Vercci, but I have done it both ways :(.
Build from the altar, and place the altar last.

Dr_Teath

Content Creator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Donation Drive 2019
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
I Fixed this issue a week or two ago.
The server needs an update to the latest pack version with the fixed version of AS.

Dr_Teath

Content Creator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Donation Drive 2019
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
I didn't want to push for updates, I know you guys are busy people with actual lives and families.

incarn

Guardian
Minecraft Username
incarn
Dr_Teath, the server jammed when flying around the nether.
Anarki restarted it but a min or two of nether and it jammed again.
No idea why, I have no warning or info from the client side.
Been Frozen all night.

Dr_Teath

Content Creator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Donation Drive 2019
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
This is not something I saw either in testing or during play. Dingasm never reported it either, and he reported a few bugs.
One of the admins or moderators would have to pull the server logs and find out what is going wrong. I don't have access.

LX_Gaming

Staff member
Administrator
Developer
Minecraft Username
LX_Gaming
Buy me a coffee!
It has been reported by someone else: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/additional-structures/issues/8
We have turned off NetherGeneration via the mods config.

The Developer says they fixed it in v2.1.0 looking at the code it seems they just removed all code relating to nether generation so our config change essentially does the exact same thing as the updated version.

incarn

Guardian
Minecraft Username
incarn
Looks like additional structures was doing it.
Elementz disabled it and I wandered the nether for a few hours now.

Dr_Teath

Content Creator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Donation Drive 2019
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
Good to see you guys fixed it. I was not aware of this problem.
I'll push a pack update with the new version soonish.

Dr_Teath

Content Creator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Donation Drive 2019
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
Feed back time!
So, I’ve been tinkering a bit lately with an eye to improving blue systems. But before I start working on the pack again, I wanted to call for feedback from those that have put some time in to playing it. Obviously I won’t be implementing everyone's recommendations verbatim, as that could get messy quickly. But I do want to know what you guys think.

What did you like about the pack?
What did you dislike about the pack?
What do you think could be improved and how?
What are some things that you think would 'ruin' the pack if it was added and why?
Should pineapple be on pizza?

incarn

Guardian
Minecraft Username
incarn
I do love the virtual disabling of flight (at least till you get to astral) forcing you to walk everywhere.
But, then you need to explore to get some stuff, and any real exploring need waystones or some other system to return to the exploration point.
Enchanting table and Brewing stands are wayyy too rare.
I only ever found one enchanting table and two brewing stands.

Wizardry, after all the mucking about to get the good halo, the spells turn out to be kinda useless and uninteresting.
Greenhouse glass recipe is ridiculous.

In the end, I enjoyed my time in your modpack, but with the rarity of some items (depending on map generation) multiplayer that is not co-operative is a bit of a problem.

Dr_Teath

Content Creator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Donation Drive 2019
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
I might set up a kit with waystones and cheaper return scrolls for starting players, I've also noticed a 'tent' mod that could be useful in future versions.
I agree with you on the enchanting tables and brewing stands. So much so I did add recipes for them. (The server took a while to update to that version though)
As to Wizardry, I think the mod itself is lackluster at the moment. The fact that the 'falling out of the dim and back to the overworld' feature as been broken for more than 6 months now is not encouraging to me. Any future (3.0 etc.) version of the pack would not include it.
Greenhouse glass was meant to be over the top, you can get growth accelerators from astral sorcery and botania. To say nothing of the shear amount of bone meal you can collect/farm. Overall all though I'm not 100% happy on how the seasons mechanic played out.

Good feedback, thank Incarn.

incarn

Guardian
Minecraft Username
incarn
No worries, the greenhouse glass was annoying because I thought it would be a nice option, but not even really a necessary option.
I didn't have to use any growth accelerators at all (not even bonemeal) in the end all I ate were pineapples and I completely ignored the seasons.

Also, I would ask that you remove the xp requirement for the builder's wand.
That is purely a convenience item and the xp simply meant I didn't use it.
All the other wands def keep xp usage, but builders