Custom Pack - Blue Systems

PhoReaper

Administrator
Staff member
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
PhoReaper
I discovered the Mega Loot mod on Foolcraft which adds cool loot.

Dr_Teath

Content Creator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Donation Drive 2019
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
We already have Mega Loot in the pack.
Along with finding both the chests and the shards in dungeons, common loot shards can be purchased from a new type of villager. Rare shards can be produced from common shards with botania mana infusion. And epic shards can be produced with blood magic and valonite dust.

I had to reference FC3 several time to figure out how to build my loot tables and propagate them through out the game.

Dr_Teath

Content Creator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Donation Drive 2019
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
It has happened again! Weeee!

Lolnet has a Blue Systems server up for a second time!
Blue Systems 2.1.0 is now open. bs.lolnet.co.nz
Blue Systems has changed significantly and the world has been reset.
I did a lot to maintain the 'feel' and 'spirit' of the pack. Much of the difficulty has been maintained. Some mods have been taken out and many smaller mods have been added. Many hours were spent on tweaking and testing.
Overall I feel that 2.1.0 is much more balanced than previous versions, while still being a reasonable challenge.
Detailed information here

Thank you so much to the staff who put the time on the Lolnet side to make the sever happen.

yampertx

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
yampertx
I joined Blue Systems 2 a few days back and I really like the look of it so far. I rejoined today to see how things are going and want to report that the claims thing is sorted I was able to abandon claim and claim elsewhere so that's cool.
When I went /rtp and found a wizard tower (where I stole the arcane bench and book shelves) the wizard attacked me and I went on fire but I took no damage, so something weird going on there.
Still unable to attack using my iron vanilla sword which you do already know about.

Just a comment on the players command side of things...fair enough that you will not allow the /fly and /god but in a pack that is designed to be full of exploration I really think you need to reconsider at least letting us have the second /home as is available on other Lolnet servers.
I am really looking forward to playing this pack on the server.

yampertx

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
yampertx
Hello again
Playing blue systems 2 and enjoying it. I noticed today that there is no /shop so I did /modreq and Dez suggested I post asking you the question @Dr_Teath
about if should or will be added.
I was really only wanting to chunkload my farm.

Dr_Teath

Content Creator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Donation Drive 2019
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
Dez and I have had a quick chat about it.
I drew up a quick proposal for the stuff that would appear in the shop, available here.
Looks like I forgot to add chunkloaders to the list, but those should be available at the normal prices.

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz
yup we have added chunk loaders and extra claims in at normal prices and will be looking into the other things soon

incarn

Guardian
Minecraft Username
incarn
heya guys, enjoying playing on BS but there are two problems. /shop and /cl status (etc) are just giving me message, You have no permission.
Looking at convo above it seems they should be available?

second, the stoked cauldron has a bug with hellfire dust, It takes all the dust and gives you one ingot where it should be giving 8.
If I put in 8 dust it gives and ingot. If I leave the ingot in there and put in another 8 dust, it uses the dust and gives no more ingots

Dr_Teath

Content Creator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Donation Drive 2019
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
@incarn Turn your bellows off and try again.
This MAY be a sponge bug, or your claim suppressing explosions.
I say this, because if you put hellfire dust in a STOKED cauldron, its meant to be to hot and explode, deleting the cauldron.
I can also say from my own experience that it is possible to make the concentrated hellfire ingots in game, in the current version.

incarn

Guardian
Minecraft Username
incarn
I have spent nearly two hours in the wizardry dim, never seen a single unicorn..
I run around, then wait for spawns, then run around again.
Something wrong there.

Dr_Teath

Content Creator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Donation Drive 2019
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
I can't see anything in the mods github as to why this might be broken. There seems to be very little information bout this mod over all online at the moment.
I wonder if they all suffocated in the terrain or jumped in to the void over time? The dim shouldn't be loaded unless someone is in it, but it wouldn't be the first dim that force loads itself.
I didn't make changes to that dim at all, and I can't see any in the config files to mess with the spawn rates.

I'll come up with a work around. Either a way to make the horn or force spawn the mob.

incarn

Guardian
Minecraft Username
incarn
Thanks Dr_Teath. I would like to get my proper halo, and pretty sure the spells need horns depending on the abilities you add.

Dr_Teath

Content Creator
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Donation Drive 2019
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
I flew around the wizardry dim for a while and couldn't see any unicorn either.
So I've made a work around and update Blue Systems to 2.5.3.
Change logs here.
Now we wait for the server to be updated.

incarn

Guardian
Minecraft Username
incarn
got another issue sorry Dr_Teath.
I have built and rebuilt the attunement altar and structure probably a dozen times, in different places.
It never activates (should have little sparkles on the sooty marble at night).
I do it in single player, it works fine.
Could you check to make sure it is working on the server. Maybe have a look at mine when you get aAltar.jpg chance?

dezil_nz

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
dezil_nz
there have been issues with astrial and the server software which should be fixed in the last astrial update not sure if we are running that yet but we will be when we get round to updating?

Vercci

Administrator
Staff member
Minecraft Username
Vercci
If you're accurate building the structure, you can place the multiblock piece (altar) last in a spot no multiblock piece has ever been and it'll work. If you get it wrong that spot will never work again (until the update hits I'm assuming)

incarn

Guardian
Minecraft Username
incarn
I have completely stripped it down and rebuilt it from scratch multiple times.
keep in mind, I built it the same way as I did on single, and that worked first time.

I think my starlight infuser is also having the same problem.
My two crafting altars (with multi-blocks structure around them) are working fine, but I built them a day to two ago..

Vercci

Administrator
Staff member
Minecraft Username
Vercci
You are not placing the final multipart block last (The altars). You can't build it the same way you do on single until we can get the update.

Rebuild it in a spot that has never had an AS multipart block in. Shift it over one block if you're lazy and have it correct otherwise.

EVERY AS MULTIBLOCK has this issue. With the altar you're likely placing it down last out of habit unlike the others where you're using it as a centerpiece and counting outward.