Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XcalibresAngel

Application for UserAssistant - XcalibresAngel

I wish to become a User Assistant as I enjoy playing on Lolnet, and greatly respect the Staff.
In becoming a User Assistant not only will i be able to help players by answering questions and giving a helping hand which will make new players experience more enjoyable and encourage them to return to Lolnet but it will also help free up the other staff to deal with more important issues that need their attention.
Lolnet is a great network and has the potential to become a huge international site and I would like to be able to help make that happen.

I already have experience in MC moderation and administration and personally I luv the whole MC gaming experience and interaction with players
I am a regular player and due to RL circumstances have significant time to play on the network for long periods of time which will mean that during normally unstaffed times players will be able to have some help.

Previous Experience and Skills:

My previous experience with Minecraft servers focus mainly in the area of Survival though I have played occasionally on Skyblocks.
I have been both a Moderator and an Admin for Survival and Skyblocks on several UK and Canadian networks. (due to advertising rules I won't name them unless asked in private)

As being an Admin I have experience with plugins such as Socialspy, commandspy, worldgenerators, worldedit, coreprotect and a number of other common plugins.

What skills (outside of Minecraft) could you provide lolnet? How would these help the server?

I am great with promotional stuff and getting the word out. I run a small security unit in Auckland, NZ and am connected to a chain of NZ churches where I can and already do promote Lolnet as being a family friendly network for Minecraft.
I have previously work along side the CyberAngels in the prevention of cyber bullying and scammers.

Examples of Contribution to the Server:
Everyday over this Christmas period I have been giving out free cookies and back up admin/staffs rulings on chat.
But to be honest that is nothing compared to some of other people who have been here alot longer than me my contributions more or less start from today.

What is an example of a time you weren't so moderator like?
I can sometimes be a little impatient with foul mouths and rude players.

I live in Auckland, NZ and due to RL circumstances have the opportunity to play for long periods of time in the summer months. I usually login about midday and play until around 7am. Wednesdays I have community run I do in the late afternoon/evening but I am usually afk during that time.

How would you like to improve lolnet? What can we do better to make using the server better?
As I'm not in leadership tbh I really can't say how to make this server better in tech, however I think the regen of survival should be a more frequent event of unclaimed areas. Also Admin and Mods should be able to /clearchat /weatherclear (Mods) during peak playing times to prevent lag.

Do you own a microphone/headset? And have you used our Mumble server before?
Yes, I have mic/headset available and have recently started participating on discordapp

Thank you for taking the time to read my application whether the answer be yea or nay I am still dedicated to playing on Lolnet Network. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.