I would like to address a number of the arguments that you raised in your post - replies made in reference to both of your posts (Case for merger?)
Point 1: No lag issues
I never came across any major lag issues, Is this the only reason?
And would the lag make that much of a difference?
The lag was serious and debilitating server side lag created on the server. Comments and complaints from players included the server being unplayable, and personal response from users was less people playing. Evidence: Server during some of the weeks where this occurred went from our peak of 50+ players -> In a week to having 5 or 6 players on at the busy times, 10 if we were lucky. Plenty of evidence here about the lag.
Point 2: My time has been wasted, world has been deleted:
Its kinda lame after seeing the original server map go up in flames and then now this... hours sometimes months wasted. on creations
I keep losing shiz and after the removal of the old world I find myself at a loss.
This change has been communicated by all of our primary communication streams, including facebook, twitter and ingame. We provided users with a whole months notice, all communication points linked to this page. http://lolnet.co.nz/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1281
This page provides comprehensive information on, why we are removing it and why we were removing it. And if this is not enough, in-game for an entire month we ran notices telling you that the world would be removed providing links through to this page. These notices ran every 10 minutes, in bright green text.
You claim all your stuff is lost and this is the end of the world. We ran a massive building shift campaign, a partial quote is shown; Information shown:
Fear not though - we are giving you 1 months notice (31 Days) before we do this, because we know this is an important change. The exact closing date and time will be: 14th of November 2012 (14/11/2012)
In this 1 month period staff will be assisting you in moving buildings into the New World (Pluto). Note - These will only be moved if you follow the steps below:
1. Mark out the exact area of the building you want to be moved using easily identifiable blocks.
2. Pick a precise location you want your building moved too and if possible mark this with blocks.
3. Make two modrequests - One in the location of the building you want moved, and a second one where the building will be moved
4. Wait for our Staff to come and assist you, follow the instructions of the staff member carefully. If your building is extremely large, they may do this in a period later in the night when less users are on. Your building may be moved without you knowing.
5. You house will be cut from where it is and then pasted into it's new location. Mistakes may be made, cutting and pasting is not a precise science
6. While we will make every en-devour to assist your, we do not spend all of our time on Lolnet and have other things to do. Your house will be moved when we are ready and free to help you. All requests to shift your house that are made BEFORE the: 14/11/2012 will be done before the world is updated. If your requests are made after this date, we may not have the time to move your house.
We as staff put our time into helping users of our server move their house into the new world. If you had paid attention and followed the steps, your stuff would have been moved by us. if you followed the correct steps we would have been happy to move things for you, as we did for every user who did.
Point 3: We have comprised our integrity by taking these actions
Can we please have actions in place instead of crude deletion, so we can preserve our creations for the future. And so we can take action to improve the servers performance without Jepordisng the servers integrity.
1. Your creations would have been preserved by following the instructions. There was no crude deletion. There was a 1 month promotional campaign in which we provided all this information, accessible by a click on a linke every 10 minutes ingame.
2. We have not compromised our integrity in anyway. We:
1. Provided a descriptive and detailed post advising you of these changes and why they are necessary
2. Gave you 1 months notice
3. Provided you with a way to shift your stuff
4. Ran notices every 10 minutes with this information
The staff here recognize some of the backlash that occurred when we may have arguable mis-handled the Warworld change. We made sure none of that would happen here by providing you with time, and the ability to take your buildings with you. We made sure that you as the user was the first priority, protecting your stuff and ensuring your satisfaction was not compromised. We took "actions" and not simply "crudely" deleted it.
And lastly, you can still get your stuff, we have the world on load for a short period of time for users who despite the notices, the reminders and the posts, for whatever reason failed to take notice of these posts. Please make a modreq in game to get a staff member to attend to it.
However thankyou for participating in your efforts to contribute to the server, by providing your view of our actions, which at the end of the day, is simply like our goal, to make this server a better place for people to be.