[Accepted] xLuvBugx ~ User Assistant Application

Do you believe I should become a Lolnet User Assistant?

• Yes

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xLuvBugx

Minecraft Username
xLuvBugx
Hey all :) If you don't know me already, I am xLuvBugx.
Once again, I have decided I would like to apply for the role of User Assistant.

Why do I want to be a UserAssistant?
I have been on Lolnet for quite a while now and I really want to give back to the server. Ever since I joined I have learnt so much and everyone's attitude and kind approach to things made me want to find out more. I have already helped quite a few newbies get started and learn more about the server but I have noticed when you try to give out help people look for names with different colours. I have helped some people where they say "You're not a <UA, MOD, ADMIN>" So they won't take my advice. I still have a long way to go but I feel that becoming a UA will help others listen to what I say, and help me continue to learn about the things I don't already know.

Why do I believe I should be a UserAssistant?
Ever since I have joined LolNet everyone has always been so kind but I know as a new user it can be difficult to ask for help. As others have done for me, I feel like I could exceed my job and make everyone who joins feel welcome. I am a naturally talkative person so would love to teach people more about the server.

What can I contribute to LolNet as a UserAssistant?
Whenever someone is dealing with an issue I am always willing to help out and If I have trouble with it, I will find out and make sure I know for next time.I am online almost everyday and tend to be on all throughout the day and stay up till early the next morning, this would help with having more UA's online so people are never left without an answer. I would love to help out with the expansion of the server and although my building is a work in progress I have some ideas to expand on.

Previous Experiences and Skills:
I have previously made a few servers with friends and one of them was used by several people daily. I have also made a couple animations, webpages and have my own youtube channel. Other than that I haven’t done much, or had much experience.

What experience do you have with using plugins (Prism, CoreProtect, ReportRTS etc) as a moderating tool?
I did use world edit a bit about a year ago, but can’t say I have done much else aside from that. I would like to try out some plugins though.

What skills (outside of Minecraft) could you provide LolNet? How would these help the server?
I have made a few websites so could help with web design, and I also enjoy making animations which we could use as a form of advertisement. I'm quite a musical person and jump on the opportunity of making teaser trailers. I also have my own youtube channel where I usually play minecraft videos (channel on hold temp).

Examples of Contribution to the Server:
What is an example of a time when you acted like a moderator?

I have helped out multiple people that are new to the server :) I cant remember all the names exactly but
I have helped Lissiedollie1231 with supplies, Info on the rules, What kind of games LolNet Provides and have helped her with mobs.
Hybrid_Fox, I introduced Hybrid to LolNet and told her about all the games she had access to.( I also provided her a house on survival when she was dying by mobs)
Sweethingz, I also introduced Sweet to LolNet and helped her out with the rules etc.
hokimai, Again, I introduced hokimai to LolNet and showed him the rules etc.
DoeDeer, Alongside Tegal_NZ I helped Doe out with what kind of games we have and how to access them.
I have helped Derpish1 with taking down his Mob spawner, (Im not sure if that counts :) )
(Can’t remember names as they don’t play the server a lot) I have helped out a few newer members with the rules, how to access games and tips.
I have also suggested some ideas for the sky block shop alongside Lissiedollie1231

What is an example of a time you weren’t so moderator like?
I have argued with a few players about issues that were not major. Also at the start of 2015 I ignored Spam/caps rules and received a warning from GODINACLOWNSUITE.

Do you own a microphone/headset? And have you used our Mumble server before?
I do not own a microphone/headset but am currently saving up for one. I have not used mumble but frequently go on Discord (my laptop allows me to talk without a headset)

LolNet is an amazing server already but I do have a few suggestions that I think could improve the server that little bit more :)
Wither Events
I think it would be really cool if we did monthly Wither or Ender dragon events. I think it would be a cool way for people to meet and it just gives people a cool challenge to do :).( Probably just vanilla servers)
Challenges
I think another cool way to make the server more social is to do a couple challenges. I think maybe season or Holiday based challenges would have a bigger impact and turn out of people. Eg: Easter Egg hunt, Best halloween decorations on house. We have been doing more events similar to this but I think we should make it a weekly competition.
Expanding from the last Idea I think we should add more mini games as we only have hunger games currently. Eg: UHC, Build Battle, Apocalypse, Skywars.
Lobby
I understand all the work and effort that is put into the lobby but I think it would be a good idea if we had things that we could do why we are in there. For example we used to have the avengers PVP but the portal was taken down.

SIDE NOTE:
I understand that I have a lot to learn and would like to say that I am still on my way. I am trying my hardest but think that becoming a UA would help me even more. I understand that at times I can be childish but I want to prove that I am capable of being a UA.

Thank you for taking the time to read my UserAssistant Application :),
xLuvBugx

Status
Not open for further replies.