Not open for further replies.

123zane321

User Assistant
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
Why do you want to become a UserAssistant?
As some of you are most likely aware, I was a UserAssistant on Lolnet in the past. However, because of real-world issues going on at the time, I went inactive for a while, and so I was demoted back to a regular user. I have since managed to get on top of things somewhat and organize my time better, and I would like to prove to everyone that I can step up to the role once again, and set a good example for other prospective UAs.

Why do you believe you should be a UserAssistant?
I feel as though I would make a good UA because I am mature, friendly, and willing to offer small bits of advice as and when necessary. I enjoy being a member of the Lolnet community, and I want to be able to encourage others to get more involved. I am also relatively talkative much of the time, and enjoy having friendly chats with other members.

What can you contribute to Lolnet as a UserAssistant?
I am more than willing to offer help and advice to other members that require it, and am also willing to learn when I don't know something, so that I can then pass on that knowledge to others.

Previous Experience and Skills:
(Please note, experience is not necessary. Everyone has to start somewhere)
Have you setup or operated a Minecraft server before? Do you have experience in Administering or Moderating MC Servers or other games?
As mentioned above, I used to be a UA on Lolnet, but aside from that, I haven't had any experience moderating other servers.

What experience do you have with using plugins (Prism, CoreProtect, ReportRTS etc) as a moderating tool?
I have had very minimal experience with CoreProtect. I actually feel as though this is one of the reasons that led to me becoming inactive previously, as I wasn't really informed as to how these plugins worked, but I would like for the chance to be able to learn now.

What skills (outside of Minecraft) could you provide lolnet? How would these help the server?
(eg: Website Design, Graphic Design, Experience with running other game servers etc)
I have a very basic knowledge of web design, and I was previously employed in an IT role, so I would be able to easily pick up on anything technical.

Examples of Contribution to the Server:
What is an example of a time when you acted like a moderator?
I have recently encouraged a number of people to donate to the server (one in particular I can remember today - this person was asking how they could get more SetHomes, and I informed them that donating for a donator rank earnt them more, depending on what rank they went for)

I have also pitched an idea to dezil_nz and a couple of the other admins / moderators recently with regards to donating for lolcoins, which I feel would be of significant benefit to the server.

What is an example of a time you weren't so moderator like?
In the past, I tended to chip in to situations which would have been better suited to be handled by moderators / admins / etc. I feel as though I have been able to get on top of that now. I also did get a warning for spam on New Year's Eve, and although I felt it was really minor (I said something along the lines of "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand merry 2016 everyone!" I regret doing as such.

About You:
Time Zone and when are you typically online. (We are looking for a diverse range of timezones to have more staff available more often):
I live in New Zealand, and typically get on at roughly midday NZT (give or take an hour). I'm typically on until about 11pm.

How would you like to improve lolnet? What can we do better to make using the server better?
As stated above, I had what I felt to be a great idea for Lolcoin donations, however I'll leave it up to dezil_nz and the team to speak to others as and when they see fit.

Do you own a microphone/headset? And have you used our Mumble server before?
Yes, I own a microphone / headset.
Mumble? That's a rather odd way to spell Discord XD - I'm rather active on Discord, and enjoy chatting with anyone who happens to be on.

Is there anything else you would like to add?
I would like to apologize deeply for going inactive during my first time as UA, and I will step up more to the role should the team be willing to give me the chance.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application,
123zane321

Chris_NZ

Defender
Veteran
Minecraft Username
Chris_NZ
Re: (Re)Application for UserAssistant - 123zane321

Application threshold reached, Application Accepted.

User Promoted In Game; Thread Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.