[Accepted] Application for UserAssistant - WaterDiet

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterDiet

Minecraft Username
WaterDiet
The Key Points
Why do you want to become a UserAssistant?
UA Gatekeeper suggested it to me and it seems like a good way to get more involved on the server and make friends.

Why do you believe you should be a UserAssistant?
See below. :D I’m experienced, I enjoy the game, and I enjoy people.

What can you contribute to Lolnet as a UserAssistant?
I work well with teams and people. I’m a good brainstormer and coordinator.

Previous Experience and Skills:
Have you setup or operated a Minecraft server before? Do you have experience in Administering or Moderating MC Servers or other games?
I have set up and run several vanilla minecraft servers and I attempted to run a FTB server last year, but my computer couldn’t handle it. As far as previous experience with modding/admining goes, I’ve never done so formally. I’ve only acted as an admin when I ran my few small servers for my friends.

What experience do you have with using plugins (Prism, CoreProtect, ReportRTS etc) as a moderating tool?
I have no experience with plugins.

What skills (outside of Minecraft) could you provide lolnet? How would these help the server?
I have run several online and in person D&D campaigns, which I imagine requires similar skills (moderating, guiding, answering questions, making sure everyone’s having a good ole time, etc). I’ve also been in customer service positions for 9 years and am an excellent communicator because of it. Beyond being personable, I’ve helped friends build computers, I worked as a lab assistant at my university, and I’ve been a PC gamer for most of my life, so I’ve got some pretty decent knowledge on computers.

Examples of Contribution to the Server:
What is an example of a time when you acted like a moderator?
I actively try to get my friends and coworkers to play on the server to add to the community. I’ve answered simple questions when people ask in chat. 2 days ago, I helped my friend troubleshoot some issues he was having with his minecraft account.

What is an example of a time you weren't so moderator like?
I definitely stole some of my friend’s diamonds 3 days ago. I plan to fully reimburse him, however.

About You:
Time Zone and when are you typically online:
I’m eastern time in the U.S. My best times are weekends and weekdays after 6pm until as late as 1am.

How would you like to improve lolnet? What can we do better to make using the server better?
I don’t know much about your limits and boundaries, but I wouldn’t mind giving people some more space to play in...extend the boundaries somehow. Mainly because it’s a server that’s gaining popularity and some players like to have space for themselves.

Do you own a microphone/headset? And have you used our Discord server before?
Yes and yes.

Is there anything else you would like to add?
My only concern is if there is a set amount of time you like to have your UAs on. Sometimes I get off the minecraft train and focus on other games. I’m fairly dedicated to this server, but I’d like to know for my own reference what you’d like to see from me as far as that goes.

PhoReaper

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
PhoReaper
Whatever time you're willing to offer, really. Some times when there's few or no other staff on, and a lot of players on, would be great.

WaterDiet

Minecraft Username
WaterDiet
Good to know! I'm on fairly consistently. Gatekeeper is usually the only one online when I play. Average # of players on while I play is probably 13-20.

FaMatrix

Content Creator
Veteran
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
FaMatrix
Application Accepted, User promoted in game.

We'll provide you training on how to use our system and such.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.