Not open for further replies.

GatekeeperTDS

Ascendant
Veteran
Minecraft Username
GatekeeperTDS
Application for UserAssistant - GatekeeperTDS

The Key Points
Why do you want to become a UserAssistant?
I've been a member of Lolnet for over a year now, and really enjoy my time spent with the community. I try to assist other players with modded Minecraft issues when I can, and I'm frequently in communication with the staff (Dez, Matrix, LX), assisting them in testing problems that arise with new or existing servers.

Why do you believe you should be a UserAssistant?
Since the server community was taken down by an external source several months ago, the player base has returned to its previous population levels, but it appears as thought we lost a lot of staff members during that time and continuously since then. I believe I can contribute as I'm already familiar with Lolnet and the staff.

What can you contribute to Lolnet as a UserAssistant?
(More detail in the sections below.) I have previous experience in running modded Minecraft servers of my own, I enjoy assisting players and staff, and I have a meticulous tenacity for troubleshooting problems.

Previous Experience and Skills
Have you setup or operated a Minecraft server before? Do you have experience in Administering or Moderating MC Servers or other games?
Yes, I previously ran a TechWorld 2 server roughly 2 years ago for around 1-1.5 years with a population upward of 50 players online at any given time. We shut down as most members of the staff could no longer commit the time needed to keep things running or assist with the setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of new servers.

What experience do you have with using plugins (Prism, CoreProtect, ReportRTS etc) as a moderating tool?
I have experience configuring and using Prism, PermissionsEX, BanItem, Essentials, WorldBorder, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, Questioner, SimpleBroadcast, ClearLag, Vault, Towny, MCBans, AutoRank, and others.

What skills (outside of Minecraft) could you provide lolnet? How would these help the server?
I'm an IT professional (Network Engineer) with 14 years of experience in a company of roughly 250 end-users and 400 workstations. I manage the company's Help Desk and act as Tier 2/3 support, supervising 1-2 other IT support staff members. I install, configure, and administer these and other services for our company - VMWare, MS Active Directory, MS Exchange, anti-malware, disaster recovery, web filtering, & VPN. I have programming experience with MS Visual
Basic (although outdated at this point), and MS SQL server (administration, structure, queries, stored procedures). These administration and engineering skills would definitely be of use to the server.

Examples of Contribution to the Server:
What is an example of a time when you acted like a moderator?
I try to assist players when I can, there have been several examples over the year I've been part of Lolnet, generally related to the operation and interaction between mods in a modpack and computer/config settings. Lately I've assisted Dez and the staff with testing the new Infinity Lite 1.10 pack.

What is an example of a time you weren't so moderator like?
Again, I'm sure there are several examples over the years. I can be stubborn when I feel I'm correct, and that's something I've actively tried to work on.

About You
Time Zone and when are you typically online.
Eastern Time, USA (GMT -5). I'm typically on for several hours during the evenings (7-11pm) and weekends.

Feedback
How would you like to improve lolnet? What can we do better to make using the server better?
Honestly, Lolnet is run incredibly well. I suggested to Dez that he bring up an Infinity Lite 1.10 server and he had it done within hours. Staff have always been friendly and responsive. We may want to consider more community events and donation drives. The last donation drive was an immense success, however, some of the milestones earned by the players from the drive have not been implemented, like automatic DIM resets.

Do you own a microphone/headset? And have you used our Discord server before?
Yes, and I've been active in the Lolnet Discord.

Is there anything else you would like to add?
I think everything's been covered. I look forward to being able to assist Lolnet as a staff member!

Status
Not open for further replies.