DatAtlas Application

• Yes

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DatAtlas

The Key Points

Why do you want to become a UserAssistant?
I'd like to become a UserAssistant because I believe I can be an excellent asset to the staff team. I'm a level-headed, neutral kind of man. I don't believe in anything like favoritism or taking sides based on personal relationships. That being said, I'm also a very laid back guy. When it comes to dealing with issues I feel I have a way with words. I also genuinely enjoy playing on the network for multiple hours a day. Those are few of the "Key Points"

Why do you believe you should be a UserAssistant?
I think I would be a good staff member for several reasons. One being my maturity level. I tend to speak pretty punctually, and have moderately good grammar. I know it isn't a requirement, but I believe staff members should be able to spell, and speak so that a player understands things clearly.

What can you contribute to Lolnet as a UserAssistant?
I can contribute a fair bit in my opinion. I play a lot, with no exaggeration about 4 hours a day minimum. My timezone is -7(GMT) , and I believe that is a good thing considering the server majority is NZ. This means I could attend to the Minority from North America on a closer basis. Without responding any less to the Majority. Those are a few things I can contribute, definitely not all of them :p

Previous Experience and Skills:
(Please note, experience is not necessary. Everyone has to start somewhere)
Have you setup or operated a Minecraft server before? Do you have experience in Administering or Moderating MC Servers or other games?
Yes. I have run multiple Vanilla Servers on both multicraft, and by VPS. I ran one modded server, however I had assistance from a really good coder. I have plenty of experience with PEX Group Manager, and most of the plugins for bukkit. I Also administrated the servers in game.

What experience do you have with using plugins (Prism, CoreProtect, ReportRTS etc) as a moderating tool?
I've used prism inspection tool quite a bit, and Report RTS, however I'm not too familiar with core-protect.

What skills (outside of Minecraft) could you provide lolnet? How would these help the server?
I love music, writing, and film. Most forms of art, and Anime. So I feel like I can relate to quite a diverse crowd of users.
I have done various forms of graphic design, and a little bit of game development through Unity. I have run multiple MyBB forums, and know a fair bit of CSS, and a minor bit of Javascript.

Examples of Contribution to the Server:
What is an example of a time when you acted like a moderator?
I always welcome new users to the network, and old users back from being away. I am always willing to help users out of a bind. I helped a friend of mine get hist grave off of lava. I have several more examples that can be added if required. I just can't remember all of them off of the top of my mind.

What is an example of a time you weren't so moderator like?
The only time I am no so moderator like is when people discriminate others. I get angry, however I feel that could be controlled. I also argued with a fellow who was threatening the server.

About You:
Time Zone and when are you typically online. (We are looking for a diverse range of timezones to have more staff available more often):
My Name is Scott, I'm 21 and I'm online several hours a day. Night and Day. My timezone is -7 GMT

How would you like to improve lolnet? What can we do better to make using the server better?

If I could suggest one thing it would be the ability to trade the lolcoin currency with other players. That's all

Do you own a microphone/headset? And have you used our Mumble server before?

Yes I have a headset, just haven't used the mumble server yet.

Is there anything else you would like to add?

I'd like to thank every member of the team who reads my application, and other users overall. This server has been home for a while now, and I don't plan on packing up soon!